update Externals only

Stéphane Poss

Mar 16, 2015, 2:02:36 AM3/16/15
to diracgri...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'd like to know if there is a way to update only the externals? The reason I ask is that on AWS I installed DIRAC a year ago, and if I keep the code up to date using a git repository (and an update to the right tag at boot time), the externals are of course not updated. Similarly, I'd like to take that opportunity to move to python 2.7 (for some forgotten reason I installed with python 2.6 at the time).

Any ideas? I could imagine this was never considered, as it's quite peculiar.

Cheers,
S Poss.

Adrian Casajús

Mar 16, 2015, 11:14:02 AM3/16/15
to diracgrid-develop
dirac-install -X -t server -i 27 -r <yourDIRACversion> should do it

Stéphane Poss

Mar 16, 2015, 12:20:38 PM3/16/15
to diracgri...@googlegroups.com
Cool!