MEMGET error only for large RAM

Marcin Gronowski

Apr 13, 2023, 12:10:12 PM4/13/23
to dirac-users
Hello,

I came across a strange situation. I have run identical calculations with different size of RAM (see outputs). Surprisingly, the computations with more available memory crash due to the "MEMGET ERROR, insufficient work space in memory". What could be the cause?

All the best
Marcin
a6FS-av3z.dal_1000.out
a6FS-av3z.dal_1000.out.2

Visscher, L. (Luuk)

Apr 14, 2023, 2:38:48 AM4/14/23
to dirac...@googlegroups.com
Dear Marcin,

Thanks for reporting. We're looking into it. My hunch is that it may have to do with the .HTSORT option that is likely not tested well enough for all conceivable cases.

best regards,

Luuk

<a6FS-av3z.dal_1000.out><a6FS-av3z.dal_1000.out.2>

Marcin Gronowski

Apr 14, 2023, 8:49:24 AM4/14/23
to dirac...@googlegroups.com
Dear Luuk

Thank you for your response.

I will gladly test the specific part of Dirac if there is a need to do it. In this way, I can repay you and all developers for sharing this very useful program.

All the best
Marcin

Marcin Gronowski

Faculty of Physics,
University of Warsaw,
Pasteura 5, 02-093 Warsaw, Poland, room 5.56