Coupled-Cluster x2c(eamf) for first order properties in separate steps

juan...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2023, 10:04:15 PM9/25/23
to dirac-users
Dear Dirac users,

I'm trying to perform a coupled-cluster x2c(eamf) calculation in separate steps and yet I couldn't do it.

I've tried following the steps proposed in the manual (https://www.diracprogram.org/doc/release-23/tutorials/restart/coupled_cluster.html) with no success.

Then I tried copying and putting more files from scratch in each step. I'm attaching the outputs. In the ones labeled by steps, I got/put

  • On step 1 (get files):
    AOMOMAT X2CMAT eamfX2C_F4c xamfi-2c soc-contributions CHECKPOINT.h5 OPERATORS.h5
  • On step 2 (put files):
    CHECKPOINT.h5 amfPCEC.h5 OPERATORS.h5
  • On step 2 (get files):
    CHECKPOINT.h5 MDCINT MRCONEE MDPROP
  • On step 3 (put files):
    CHECKPOINT.h5 amfPCEC.h5 OPERATORS.h5 MDCINT MRCONEE MDPROP

But as you can see, I get different final values for EFG when performing the calculation in one step.

Thanks in advance,
Juan J. Aucar

x2e.eamf_step1.out
x2e.eamf_one.step.out
x2e.eamf_step3.out
x2e.eamf_step2.out

juan...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2024, 9:08:57 PMFeb 7
to dirac-users
Dear Dirac experts,

I'm facing again a problem similar to the one I pointed out in this regard.
I'd like to perform x2c(eamf) calculations for first order properties in three diferent steps:

1) Perform the atomic calculations
2)  Get the WF and perform the corresponding 4c->2c picture change transformations
3) Calculate first order properties (let's say at CC level)

The problem is that when I try the third step I find no way to avoid the 4c->2c picture change transformations (that I already got in the second step), and they imply much time for me, as I want to do an analysis on the size of the active space (so that I need to repeat step 3 several times).

I can see that on src/dirac/dirone.F there is a call to " x2c_main()" that it's always done, wheter I put or not files as X2CMAT in the scratch folder. I also tried with the keyword .skippc under *X2C.

Any help would be appreaciated

Best regards,

Juan J.