64-bit Dirac on cray (again)

Peterson, Kirk

Jul 19, 2022, 3:34:41 PM7/19/22
to dirac...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

in my quest to get a 64-bit version of Dirac running on the NERSC Cray's, I was able to get a good 64-bit version of OpenMPI built (4.0.2) and seemed to successfully build Dirac using gcc with 64-bit integers.  I've linked to the Intel MKL libraries (which I do on my local linux cluster as well). However when I run a test with this version of Dirac I get the failure:

WARNING: Self test failed!

Call to LAPACK(DSYEVR) failed with integer*8, but

worked with integer*4 arguments. However, DIRAC is

configured to use integer*8 (64 bit integers).

even though it looks to me like the 64-bit versions of MKL are being used:

Math libraries           | -Wl,--start-group;/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2020.2.254/linux/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_lapack95_ilp64.a;/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2020.2.254/linux/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_gf_ilp64.so;-fopenmp;-Wl,--end-group;-Wl,--start-group;/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2020.2.254/linux/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_gf_ilp64.so;/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2020.2.

This is also confirmed by invoking the ldd command on the dirac.x program.

ideas?

best regards,

-Kirk

Ilias Miroslav, doc. RNDr., PhD.

Jul 20, 2022, 5:37:28 AM7/20/22
to dirac...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kirk,

seems this test I introduced years ago is not working  on all architectures. Simply ignore that warning.

Miro

Jul 25, 2022, 12:30:13 PM7/25/22
to dirac...@googlegroups.com

In case anyone was thinking about this, please ignore. I got this sorted out this morning.

regards,  -Kirk

From: "'Peterson, Kirk' via dirac-users" <dirac...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 at 12:34 PM
To: "dirac...@googlegroups.com" <dirac...@googlegroups.com>

[EXTERNAL EMAIL] DO NOT CLICK links or attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Ilias Miroslav, doc. RNDr., PhD.

Jul 25, 2022, 12:47:33 PM7/25/22
to dirac...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kirk,

I implemented this self-test feature, I was thinking about this, please tell me how you sorted it out.

Miro

Jul 25, 2022, 12:54:49 PM7/25/22
to dirac...@googlegroups.com

Dear Miro,

the self-test seemed to be doing exactly what it was supposed to do. The environment on the Cray I was building on was somehow set so that while it was finding the blas libraries correctly, it was somehow defaulting to some internal cray math library for lapack. I got around it by not using any of the cray compiler wrappers (that they strongly suggest using) and going with a standard mpif90, etc. from my 64-bit openmpi build. This simplified everything and it seems to work just fine (although I get some weird mpi errors after the job successfully finishes which I am going to ignore at this point).

regards,  -Kirk

From: <dirac...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of "Ilias Miroslav, doc. RNDr., PhD." <mirosla...@umb.sk>
Date: Monday, July 25, 2022 at 9:47 AM
To: "dirac...@googlegroups.com" <dirac...@googlegroups.com>

[EXTERNAL EMAIL] DO NOT CLICK links or attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.