'Bad integer' error in parsing KRCI arguments

Vsevolod Dergachev

Oct 15, 2022, 8:58:21 PM10/15/22
to dirac-users
Dear DIRAC experts,

Could you please kindly guide me through a problem?

I am running three KRCI calculations for:

1. atomic Th4+

And Th4+ in two different media:

2. O - Th4+ - O in linear arrangement
3. Th4+ F4, where Th4+ is in center of square arrangement of four fluorine atoms.

For all three systems, the point group symmetry used is D2h. Since inversion operation is in D2h, I can label electronic states of gerade (g) and ungerade (u) symmetry in my KRCI calculations. I am targeting ungerade states. All systems have even number of electrons, therefore the KRCI root symmetry is integer*ungerade, such as 2u, where 2 stands for mj = 1. As such, KRCI arguments are the same for calculations for all three systems. However, for Th4+ F4 I get the following error:

"At line 330 of file /home/seva/DIRAC/DIRAC-19.0-Source/src/krmc/krci_ctl.F (unit = 4, file = 'DIRAC.INP')

Fortran runtime error: Bad integer for item 1 in list input"

Line 330 of krci_ctl.F is " READ(LUCMD,*) IKRCI_SYMMETRY,NCIROOT_KRCI "

So the problem is in parsing root symmetry. Could you please share your opinion? I am attaching output files for all three calculations.

Thank you very much!

Seva
x2c_ungerade_ThF4.out
x2c_ungerade_ThO2.out
x2c_ungerade_Th4+.out

Knecht Stefan

Oct 17, 2022, 3:50:21 AM10/17/22
to <dirac-users@googlegroups.com>
Hi,

the labelling of states with Omega values (2*mj) does only apply to linear molecules (and atoms at the correlated stage). Hence, it worked for Th4+ as well as ThO2 in linear arrangement.
ThF4 is D4h symmetric which internally is treated as D2h by Dirac and as C2h by KRCI (next-closest Abelian subgroup).
For this reason, your ungerade states can be targeted for example by
.CIROOTS
3 12

and

.CIROOTS
4 12

since KRCI_SYMMETRY=1 and 2 refer to gerade states whereas KRCI_SYMMETRY=3 and 4 refer to ungerade states. See below:

Note for completeness: gerade states with an odd number of e- require KRCI_SYMMETRY=5 and 6 and ungerade ones KRCI_SYMMETRY=7 and 8.

Hope, this helps to get your calculations started.

with best regards
Stefan

PD Dr. Stefan Knecht (he/him)
Lead QC Researcher, Algorithmiq Ltd
Kanavakatu 3C
00160 Helsinki
ste...@algorithmiq.fi

www.algorithmiq.fi
Laboratory of Physical Chemistry
ETH Zuerich
HCIG 230
Vladimir-Prelog-Weg 2
CH-8093 Zuerich
Switzerland
<x2c_ungerade_ThF4.out><x2c_ungerade_ThO2.out><x2c_ungerade_Th4+.out>

Vsevolod Dergachev

Oct 17, 2022, 12:23:51 PM10/17/22
to dirac...@googlegroups.com
Dear Stefan,