DIRAC calculation mini-issue

yanzhao lu

Jan 25, 2023, 7:40:37 AM1/25/23
to dirac-users
Dear Dirac experts,

Professor, I would like to ask you a small question about DIRAC calculations. The calculation with dyall.cv3z basis set for superheavy 113(Nh) atoms works fine. However, after adding the diffusion basis function (dyall.acv3z), the calculation does not work properly. It shows that only elements with atomic number less than 36 can be used. What should I do?

best regards,

yanzhao

out.pbe0

Ilias Miroslav, doc. RNDr., PhD.

Jan 25, 2023, 8:53:20 AM1/25/23
to dirac-users
Hello,

your end error message is >>> ORBPRO error, no. of contracted functions per AO-block    31
                   current maximum number MXCONT               30

and recompile dirac.x again.

Ad: *** WARNING (BASLIB) : Decontracting basis set
 - nuclear charge:   113
 - basis file    : dyall.acv3z
Reason: DIRAC cannot yet create proper small component basis
        for contracted large component basis when Z > 36

Miro

Jan 27, 2023, 10:52:38 AM1/27/23
to dirac...@googlegroups.com
Maybe the "Reason" part of the error message could be improved - it's not true in general, and that's misleading.

Hans Jørgen Aa. Jensen

Feb 20, 2023, 9:06:13 AM2/20/23
to dirac-users
Dear yanzhao

You get the error because you are using an old version of Dirac. In the current Dirac release MXCONT is 40, which is sufficient for all the Dyall basis sets.

Best regards
Hans Jørgen.

Kenneth Dyall

Feb 20, 2023, 1:44:10 PM2/20/23
to dirac...@googlegroups.com
Ah! we found the real problem! Thanks, HJ!