Help II

Hado Brockmeyer

Jul 21, 2008, 11:16:09 PM7/21/08
to diningphi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

ok, I caused some misunderstanding.
Our company is doing Software Protection, means we're helping companies to protect their legal rights. Only for research reason I need to know a ONLINE source, where  I could buy it. I will not neither buy or use illegal software. I know, I can buy it on the street or in certain places like Huangpi nan lu or Metro City. But for this purpose I need a online source.
If somebody could help me, it would be great!

thanks,

hado

Frederic...@fco.gov.uk

Jul 22, 2008, 12:19:19 AM7/22/08
to diningphi...@googlegroups.com
Hado,

I've been told that copyright and pattern registration are the focus of protecting intellectual property. As such, there have been both technological (IPR & encryption wrappers) and legislative efforts to continue incentives for authors to create useful works. I am also being told that there is no 'real' way to secured such. IPR lawsuits seems to be today's favourite business model for this sector. Is this true?

(Please excuse my ignorance)

Fred

Visit http://www.fco.gov.uk for British foreign policy news and travel advice, http://blogs.fco.gov.uk to read our blogs and http://www.i-uk.com - the essential guide to the UK

Please note that all messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000. We keep and use information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. We may release this personal information to other UK government departments and public authorities.

Frederic Muller

Jul 22, 2008, 12:31:03 AM7/22/08
to diningphi...@googlegroups.com
hi again,

I can add that you're definitely heading the wrong direction by asking
people using Open Source Software where to find websites of closed
source pirated software. Why would we ever want to look for those?

I find your post out of line.

Fred

Robert On File

Jul 22, 2008, 12:38:31 AM7/22/08
to diningphi...@googlegroups.com
All of those Sofware can be downloaded via online nowadays.  Most of those programs offer 30 day trial usage.  So no need to purchase or locate the web site, just go to the original source page.
Cnet or PCworld hads all the downloads u need.

> Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:31:03 +0800
> From: fr...@beijinglug.org
> To: diningphi...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: [diningphilosophers] Re: Help II