Change Patch Size Distribution

Joshua Plisinski

Feb 11, 2021, 6:53:01 PM2/11/21
to Dinamica EGO
It is my understanding that the Patcher function assigns patch sizes based on a normal distribution given a mean and variance.  What if my historical patches are not normally distributed?  I would like to control the skew of the distribution.  I would appreciate any ideas on how to accomplish this.  I have considered splitting the transition into multiple transition types (small, medium, large) and manually adjusting the transition rates in each sub-class to achieve the skew I am looking for, but this is an inefficient solution if I have many transitions.

Thanks for your continued support.

-Josh

Britaldo Soares Filho

Feb 12, 2021, 5:24:49 AM2/12/21
to Dinamica EGO
Dear Joshua,

Yes this is a right approach, you do not need many  class intervals, let's say only 3 big, medium, and small. For each one, you define the amount of transitions and the distribution parameters. If you want a skewed distribution, just have more transitions on one side, let's say small.

Cheers

Britaldo Silveira Soares Filho
Centro de Sensoriamento Remoto/UFMG
brit...@csr.ufmg.br
www.csr.ufmg.br
wwww.csr.ufmg.br/dinamica
553134095449, 34095417

Joshua Plisinski

Feb 12, 2021, 10:32:24 AM2/12/21
to Dinamica EGO
Is there any way to edit the patcher function and change the formula to produce a skewed distribution?