Error:not found description for innodbSTAT statistic(s)

coffeer...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2016, 10:54:26 PM4/19/16
to dim_STAT
I run into a error when I run command BatchLOAD to replay innodbSTAT data to Analyze.

about all step of collect data and replay data following :
1、 I run scripts EasySTAT.sh with enable MySQL.
    ./EasySTAT.sh /data/dim_STAT 1 2 InnoDB MYSQL dim /apps/ADMIN/BatchLOAD /data/dim_STAT/x.log
2、 Replay innodbSTAT data to Analyze, I just only replay innodbSTAT data.
   /apps/ADMIN/BatchLOAD -cmd ADD -ID 0 -base dim -file "/data/dim_STAT/2016_04_20.MYSQL.74224/MYSQL_data.2016_04_20.09H59.innodbSTAT" \
-skip1 yes -title "innodbSTAT" -host MYSQL -isec 1 -start 20160420100615 -verbose on

### ERROR: not found description for innodbSTAT statistic(s)...

Dimitri

Apr 20, 2016, 11:20:08 AM4/20/16
to dim...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

All you need is just to go to Add-On page via web interface and check the innodbSTAT is well installed in your database..

General Note:
  - collecting such stats every 2 sec is not a good idea..
  - any reason you are not collecting stats directly and going via EasySTAT way ?..

Rgds,
-Dimitri

coffeer...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2016, 10:34:01 PM4/20/16
to dim_STAT
Hi !

    I am so sorry !! I don't have innodbSTAT in Add-On page. Look attachment.

    I installed followed tools:
       1、dim_STAT-v90-linux-x86.tar.
       2、WebX_apps-v90-u15.tgz
       3、STATsrv-v5-Linux-x86-mysql.tgz

    But no innodbSTAT in Add-On page

在 2016年4月20日星期三 UTC+8下午11:20:08,(dim)写道:

On Wednesday, 20 April 2016, <coffeer...@gmail.com> wrote:
I run into a error when I run command BatchLOAD to replay innodbSTAT data to Analyze.

about all step of collect data and replay data following :
1、 I run scripts EasySTAT.sh with enable MySQL.
    ./EasySTAT.sh /data/dim_STAT 1 2 InnoDB MYSQL dim /apps/ADMIN/BatchLOAD /data/dim_STAT/x.log
2、 Replay innodbSTAT data to Analyze, I just only replay innodbSTAT data.
   /apps/ADMIN/BatchLOAD -cmd ADD -ID 0 -base dim -file "/data/dim_STAT/2016_04_20.MYSQL.74224/MYSQL_data.2016_04_20.09H59.innodbSTAT" \
-skip1 yes -title "innodbSTAT" -host MYSQL -isec 1 -start 20160420100615 -verbose on

### ERROR: not found description for innodbSTAT statistic(s)...

AddOnSTAT_1.jpg
AddOnSTAT_2.jpg
AddOnSTAT_3.jpg
Message has been deleted

coffeer...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2016, 9:56:08 PM4/21/16
to dim_STAT
Hi !

   Maybe I solved this problem. I create table dim_ANY_innodbSTAT as same as dim_ANY_InnoDB. it is work!!

在 2016年4月21日星期四 UTC+8上午10:34:01,coffeer...@gmail.com写道:

Dimitri

Apr 22, 2016, 8:53:54 AM4/22/16
to dim...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

sorry for delay, was very busy with benchmarking stuff..

seems like it was my fault -- when I moved all the scripts to v5 code base of STAT-service, I automatically added "innodbSTAT" into EasySTAT collections, while historically it was the very first Add-On for InnoDB in the past, and for this same reason it was called "InnoDB" and not "innodbSTAT" ;-)) ==> indeed, over a time this became confusing, as people are expecting to find "innodbSTAT" name on the web interface as well.. -- so I'm looking on a simple solution now for a way to fix it with a smallest pain and transparent for users..

while the direct fix for EasySTAT is just to rename innodbSTAT to InnoDB in .easystat-mysql file (but leave the innodbSTAT.sh name as it -- the name of the script is correct ;-))

Rgds,
-Dimitri
Hi !

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dimstat.

coffeer...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2016, 8:40:55 PM4/24/16
to dim_STAT
  Thanks for everything you doing and did and will do !!...:-)))
Hi !

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dimstat.

Dimitri

Apr 29, 2016, 2:10:35 PM4/29/16
to dim...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've analyzed little bit the code, and currently very curious how did
you get such an error, because in fact there was no fault in the
initial script, as from a long time I'm analyzing in the code: if the
STAT name is not matched, then check the STAT shell command; - and the
shell command for "InnoDB" is "innodbSTAT".. So, normally you should
see a warning on the screen saying "unknown innodbSTAT stat name" and
then "replacing innodbSTAT by InnoDB stat name" -- did you see any of
them ?..

also, may you send, please, the output of :
- mysql> select * from dim_anySTAT ;

then :
- mysql> select * from TabX_note ;

(and hope you did not try to hack the contents ;-))

Rgds,
-Dimitri