Invalid X_PAGE value: /dim_STAT/x.welcome error following upgrade to Ubuntu 12.04

Alan Impink

Oct 3, 2013, 4:35:50 PM10/3/13
to dim...@googlegroups.com
All the system libraries are up to date I downloaded and installed v90-u12, and it did not seem to help.

Is there another solution to this?  We continue to use this server every day, so this is kinda important to us.

Alan Impink

Oct 3, 2013, 4:46:30 PM10/3/13
to dim...@googlegroups.com
Looks like a similar problem to what was reported earlier:  (X_LOG) regular_file: /opt/WebX/apps/dim_TAT/x.welccome ==> ?

Perhaps I need to download a core update with the strcpy workaround??

Dimitri

Oct 3, 2013, 5:52:04 PM10/3/13
to dim...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan,

the Core Update tarballs are containing only scripts, not binaries
(that's why they can be deployed on any platform)..

check what is the version of WebX you're having (normally all v.9.0
installations already have the WebX* binaries with strcpy() workaround
included) -- we may try to check the trace LOG again to see what is
going there:

# cd /apps/WebX
# mv X_LOG.off X_LOG <=== this will enable global tracing

then reload the welcome page in you browser (it'll execute a WebX request)

# mv X_LOG X_LOG.off <== disable tracing
# cd /tmp
# ls X_LOG*

send me the X_LOG* file(s) from /tmp ;-)

Rgds,
-Dimitri

Alan Impink

Oct 3, 2013, 7:23:48 PM10/3/13
to dim...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Dimitri

I will send the log. Note that I created a local strcpy.so and used it with LD_PRELOAD as a workaround.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

Oct 4, 2013, 9:49:21 AM10/4/13
to dim...@googlegroups.com
Looks like this dim_STAT server instance had the older (v8) version of the binaries.  It works with 9.0-u5.

Sorry for the false alarm!

Dimitri

Oct 4, 2013, 10:41:51 AM10/4/13
to dim...@googlegroups.com
Great then! ;-)
and be ready to upgrade to update-13 soon ;-)

Rgds,
-Dimitri