Upgrade Apache to latest version to be SOC2 compliant

Peter Tran

May 29, 2014, 12:58:24 PM5/29/14
to dim...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We had to shutdown DIM_STAT because the Apache version is old and is not SOC2 compliant.

[root@server1 ~]# /apps/httpd/bin/httpd -v

Server version Apache/1.2.

I was told by our IT guys that "at minimum, it needs to be Apache 2.0.59, but if possible, the latest version." Can you release a new DIM_STAT version with the latest Apache?

Thanks!

-Peter

Dimitri

May 30, 2014, 1:37:22 PM5/30/14
to dim...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

if I'll release now any new version of dim_STAT it'll be no more GPL
(according Oracle policy, and I'm part of Oracle since Sun
acquisition)..

so, if you really needing a new web server version, you may easily
adapt it by yourself (just install a needed one, then copy cgi-bin
binaries to a new location, adapt config files, etc. - once ready -
switch /apps/httpd to a new location ;-))

from the beginning I did not run to use the latest bits from any
component... -- the idea was just to ship a self containing bundle
with all the needed stuff which just works.. (that's why for a long
period MySQL 3.23 was used, and an old apache). I was not worrying
about any security issues, because each SW could be replaced if
someone need it (like many using the latest MySQL version instead of
the 5.5 shipped in dim_STAT v.9.0)..

I think instead of an old Apache any other HTTP served can be used as well..

while regarding the new versions: currently I'm shipping only "Core
Updates" to avoid legal issues (as it's rather an "improved patch" and
not a completely new release, and you may at any time restore the
initial set of "core scripts" without any data loss and remaining
completely GPL if there are some issues)..

Rgds,
-Dimitri

Peter Tran

Jul 15, 2014, 6:50:14 PM7/15/14