Bind error

Marion

Nov 4, 2013, 7:57:33 AM11/4/13
to dim...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I installed a dimstat agent on a S10u11  which is domain controler. I can't start the process I have :
STATsrv-7437: -- Bind Error, will try again...
STATsrv-7437: -- Bind Error, will try again...
STATsrv-7437: -- Bind Error, will try again...

I think I've seen that before but I can,'t find a solution.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Dimitri

Nov 4, 2013, 8:04:55 AM11/4/13
to dim...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marion,

just check the IP port you're using is not already opened by another
application/process ;-)
in the past I've already observed other apps started to use 5000 port
(like Sybase and some Solaris mgt services).. - if it's so, just move
from 5000 port to any other which is not yet used on your servers, and
it'll work again..

(if the problem is not related to conflict with other apps for the
same IP port, then it could be related to the CLOSE time for IP socket
-- for ex. if you restart STAT-service quickly, Solaris (or other
UNIX) may still keep this port in CLOSE WAIT state for some amount of
time (configurable on OS level), and only since this time will expire,
the port will become accessible again).

Rgds,
-Dimitri

Alan Impink

Nov 4, 2013, 8:08:29 AM11/4/13
to dim...@googlegroups.com
This means that port 5000 is being used.

Could be a couple things...

If you just restarted the agent, the previous instance may still have the port in TIME_WAIT.  Just wait a minute or so until the port gets released, and STATsrv will reconnect.

If not, check to see what has 5000 open.  If other software is using that port, you have a port conflict.  To resolve that, you simply use a port other than 5000 for dim_STAT for that host.

HTH,
Alan

Nov 7, 2013, 8:27:15 AM11/7/13
to dim...@googlegroups.com
Thanks all, I used port 4999 and everything work fine, just forgot my consoles !!!!