No more cursors OR Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/apps/mysql/data/m

spate83

Oct 24, 2014, 12:37:07 PM10/24/14
to dim...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dim,
          I am new at this and tried the installation the very first time.
          I Installed dim_STAT v9 on my test server and was able to collect the data. But when I tried to get graph for the analyzed data is showed a red X .
So I thought reinstallation would solve the problem.

So I removed each of the following directories :
/WebX, /apps and /opt/WebX
And Tried Reinstalling it again.

After starting the server i found the following message on the preference page.

Message: ### Cannot open database: dim ERR: -1 SQLERR: ### No more cursors OR Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/apps/mysql/data/m

Could you tell me how could I resolve the problem ? Will an upgrade to v90-u14 solve the problem ?
Do I need to remove or install any other files before the reinstallation ? Pls help

Dimitri

Oct 27, 2014, 8:38:04 AM10/27/14
to dim...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sagar,

several points are unclear for me in your issue:
- you're saying you were able to collect the data when you installed
dim_STAT the first time.. - how did you see it? was it really
collecting something? did you see some collected data?
- what do you mean by "red X" instead of graphs?

then, whe you removed all directories: did you check you've stopped
mysql and http servers? are you sure there were no more running
before, etc?

once you reinstalled and started dim_STAT-Server : did you check the
mysql server is running? what are the latest messages in your
/apps/mysql/data/mysqld.lg ?..

nothing special should be done on reinstall -- the install scrip
itself will remove all related directories, but just be sure mysql and
http servers were stopped before reinstall. No need to upgrade to
v.9.0-u14 until your v.9.0 install is not working properly (in fact
the update then is applied live on a working system)..

Rgds,
-Dimitri

On 10/24/14, spate83 <sagar.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dim,
> I am new at this and tried the installation the very first time.
> I Installed dim_STAT v9 on my test server and was able to collect
>
> the data. But when I tried to get graph for the analyzed data is showed a
> red X .
> So I thought reinstallation would solve the problem.
>

> So I removed each of the following directories :
>
> */WebX*, */apps* and */opt/WebX *
>
> *And Tried Reinstalling it again.*
>

> *After starting the server i found the following message on the preference
> page.*
>
> *Message: **### Cannot open database: dim ERR: -1 SQLERR: ### No more
> cursors OR Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/apps/mysql/data/m*
>
> *Could you tell me how could I resolve the problem ? Will an upgrade to
> v90-u14 solve the problem ?*
> *Do I need to remove or install any other files before the reinstallation ?
> Pls help*

spate83

Oct 30, 2014, 10:50:24 AM10/30/14
to dim...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I did the reinstallation by after shutting down the servers and it worked.
However, I am collecting the data for few servers but when I try to analyze the data the graph doesnt seem to show up . All I could see is image crash. Find the attached screen shot.
How do I resolve this issue ?
graph image error.png

Dimitri

Oct 30, 2014, 11:07:48 AM10/30/14
to dim...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

the most common error here is that something going odd with "Ploticus"
(pl) binary..
first of all, what is the output from your server on:

$ ldd /opt/WebX/bin/pl

Rgds,
-Dimitri
>> > email to dimstat+u...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
>> <javascript:>.

spate83

Oct 30, 2014, 11:15:41 AM10/30/14
to dim...@googlegroups.com
linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0x00bbc000)
        libz.so.1 => /lib/libz.so.1 (0x00619000)
        libX11.so.6 => not found
        libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x008ad000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x00178000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x00731000)

Dimitri

Oct 30, 2014, 11:29:28 AM10/30/14
to dim...@googlegroups.com
as you can see, there is a missed X11 library (i686) on your machine :

libX11.so.6 => not found

once you'll install it, I think everything will go just fine ;-))

seems to me I have to find a way to check the SW setup on the host
during installation to point on all such issues from the beginning...

Rgds,
-Dimitri

On 10/30/14, spate83 <sagar.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> linux-gate.so.1 => (0x00bbc000)
> libz.so.1 => /lib/libz.so.1 (0x00619000)
> libX11.so.6 => not found
> libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x008ad000)
> libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x00178000)
> /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x00731000)
>
> On Thursday, 30 October 2014 11:07:48 UTC-4, (dim) wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> the most common error here is that something going odd with "Ploticus"
>> (pl) binary..
>> first of all, what is the output from your server on:
>>
>> $ ldd /opt/WebX/bin/pl
>>
>> Rgds,
>> -Dimitri

Sagar Patel

Oct 31, 2014, 9:58:08 AM10/31/14
to dim...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  Thank you. Installing that library worked for PNG files.  :)

When I try to view graph in the form of java applet I dont see anything , just a while empty block of space.
How do you suggest could that be solved ?.

Thanks,
Sagar Patel

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "dim_STAT" group.

Dimitri

Oct 31, 2014, 12:09:15 PM10/31/14
to dim...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

for Java Applets you have a dedicated test link in the bottom of
Preferences page - click on it and see what is going on... - if no
any graphics appearing on this page, then you're simply missing the
Java plugin in your browser (and for each browser there are different
tips to get it working right -- but this is fully independent to
dim_STAT, so mainly google search will help you here ;-))

from the other hand -- I've added PNG graphing in dim_STAT just
because the Java support in browsers became more and more odd over a
time... - in fact each Java Applet in your browser running an
independent JVM isntance, and if in the past such a JVM used only
little bit of memory -- today a page with tens of running applets may
make your desktop seriously swapping ;-)) (for the same reasons in
dim_STAT interface you may often use the [Back] button in your browser
because all Java Applets remaining in your browser history will
continue to run in their JVMs and occupy your memory (until your
browser crashes)).. -- well, using Java Applet in dim_STAT was a huge
advantage as it makes the graphs interactive... But all other
"secondary" problems moved me to use PNG mostly only ;-)

over a time there were many people claiming they are working on adding
some other graphing solutions to integrate then into dim_STAT.
Unfortunately it did not get any further than only claims ;-)) --
while, again, everybody is welcome to add whatever you want! ;-)

Rgds,
-Dimitri