You're invited -- Neighborhoods USA Conference 2014

Edward Goehring

Mar 30, 2014, 5:08:51 PM3/30/14
to macarthurpr...@yahoogroups.com, glenfriends, dim...@lists.lmi.net
I hope you will join me in Eugene, May 21-24, for Neighborhoods USA's 39th Annual Conference on Neighborhood Concerns.

   Come share what your community is working on -- and learn about new best practices in community-building from experts and from representatives of neighborhoods across the nation.

 More conference info at www.facebook.com/NeighborhoodsUSA or  www.nusa.org

Please help spread the word about this event -- Thank you!

Edward B. Goehring

Human Rights Commissioner / Police Commissioner / NUSA Conference Planning Team - City of Eugene, Oregon

Founder, Neighborhoods Network
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conference workshop & tour topics include:

1. Eating Well Close to Home
What does it take to build and sustain a strong local food system?

2. Growing Green
How do we grow the sustainability of our neighborhoods and communities?

3. Town-Gown & Neighborhood Relations
What are the benefits and challenges of having an institution of higher education in a community?

4. Caring and Safe Communities
How do communities ensure that all neighbors have access to basic safety and human services?

5. Creating Inclusive Communities
How do we bring more people, perspectives and voices into our community work?

6. The ABCs of Organizing
What does it take to sustain a successful neighborhood organization in an increasingly fast-paced, media-saturated and complex world?

7. BRING ON THE FUN -- Parks, Arts and Culture!!!
How is a sense of community built through the enjoyment of local art, recreation, libraries and parks?
Other Conference Activities:

Film Screenings of "Dreammakers" and "Growing Cities"

Keynote Breakfast on Friday morning featuring Jim Diers, author of "Neighbor Power"

NUSA's 30th Annual Neighborhood Of The Year Awards and Keynote Luncheon on Friday featuring Julian Agyeman, Professor of Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning

Neighborhood Pride Tours across Eugene

Best Neighborhood Program Awards Luncheon and Closing Ceremony on Saturday

You can register here: http://conta.cc/1jvTnlx

If you are registering by mail, please print and fill out the registration form. Please make sure you fill out the registration form completely, include your registration fee and return by mail postmarked no later than May 2, 2014.