[Dillo-dev] Dillo 3.0.5: HTTPS + IPv6 = stalling forever (dpid IPv6 issue?)

Axel Beckert

Oct 6, 2019, 8:37:21 PM10/6/19
to dill...@dillo.org
Hi,

I recently noticed that some HTTPS sites don't work for me with Dillo
3.0.5 (and 3.0.4) on Debian (8, 9, 10 and Unstable). I figured out
that it wasn't an SSL issue but an IPv6 issue, because all those fail
which are solely reachable over IPv6.

HTTP + IPv6 works — as does HTTPS + IPv4.

Dualstack servers work with HTTPS, too, because there, IPv4 seems to
be preferred.

So I suspect that dpid has an issue which is preventing IPv6 via dpid
to work properly.

Example hostnames to test:

Works: https://sym.noone.org/ (Dualstack + HTTPS)
Works: http://sym6.noone.org/ (IPv6-only)
Doesn't work: https://sym6.noone.org/ (IPv6-only + HTTPS)

(All three examples are the same host, but while sym.noone.org has an
A and AAAA record, sym6.noone.org only has a AAAA record for testing
purposes like this one.)

I know that HTTPS moved into the browser with Dillo 3.1, so I hope
that this issue is gone with 3.1 anyway. But so far we don't have a
3.1 release yet...

So I wonder if someone happens to know how to fix dpid for IPv6?

P.S.: https://hg.dillo.org/ seems empty. The "3.1" link from
https://www.dillo.org/ points to
https://hg.dillo.org/dillo/raw-file/default/ChangeLog which says
"repository /home/hg/dillo not found"...

Kind regards, Axel
--
PGP: 2FF9CD59612616B5 /~\ Plain Text Ribbon Campaign, http://arc.pasp.de/
Mail: a...@deuxchevaux.org \ / Say No to HTML in E-Mail and Usenet