[Dillo-dev] dillo-3.1

past...@gmx.com

Dec 2, 2018, 1:33:13 PM12/2/18
to dill...@dillo.org
something interesting as good reason(s) to upgrade to dillo-3.1

the dillo-3.0.5 couldn't get this page https://www.reuters.com but the dillo-3.1 does
there are other sites also where this is 'fixed' with dillo-3.1
https://www.ssd.noaa.gov/
http://www.goes.noaa.gov

and some that i have to use w3m instead of dillo-3.1
https://www.accuweather.com

Dennis New

Dec 2, 2018, 2:06:42 PM12/2/18
to past...@gmx.com, dill...@dillo.org
On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 11:31:53 -0700, past...@gmx.com wrote:
> something interesting as good reason(s) to upgrade to dillo-3.1
>
> the dillo-3.0.5 couldn't get this page https://www.reuters.com but
> the dillo-3.1 does there are other sites also where this is 'fixed'
> with dillo-3.1 https://www.ssd.noaa.gov/
> http://www.goes.noaa.gov
>
> and some that i have to use w3m instead of dillo-3.1
> https://www.accuweather.com

Huh. Why isn't 3.0.5 able to load those pages?

past...@gmx.com

Dec 2, 2018, 2:20:42 PM12/2/18
to dill...@dillo.org
Don't know but these and other sites started not-loading in may 2018 - maybe something to do with them changing some jquery or javascript code?

I had to switch to w3m to view them again and then when i did the dillo-3.1 they started loading again

Globe Trotter

Dec 2, 2018, 4:18:36 PM12/2/18
to dill...@dillo.org
Has dillo 3.1 been released? I can't find it on the main page. If that is so, then this is good. It has been over three years since the last point release, and t is good to see an update. Otherwise, distributions may start dropping the browser which would be a shame since it is such a good browser.