[Dillo-dev] dillo-3.1-dev

past...@gmx.com

Sep 14, 2018, 5:37:42 PM9/14/18
to dill...@dillo.org
Hi

I have a few linux programs that i depend on each and every day just to exist : mplayer. xterm, vim, curl, dillo and seamonkey(when js is required) and freepascal/lazarus-ide to say the least

I have a very very stripped down linux system - no selinux, no systemd, no dbus, no ipv6, no udev, no hal on a custom stripped down 2.6.32.71 linux kernel with gcc-4.8.5 and glibc-2.11.3 with fluxbox and xtdesktop on a stripped down xfree86 (yes xfree86) with a very custom iptables and qemu vdi images on the raw metal (my first use of the term raw metal !!!)

I have been using dillo-3.0.5 for a long long time and have customized the source to a great excess - and was worried that if/when a new dillo version came out - i'd be lost spending hours/days updating the new source to what i have done on dillo-3.0.5

So with an coding itch that needed to be scratched and with some hesitation i hg cloned the dillo-3.1-dev source and installed mbed-tls and guess what ... the compile with gcc-4.8.5/glibc-2.11.3 went perfect (to --prefix=/usr/local/dillo-3.1) and it runs great ... (using --disable-ssl seems to have no effect when mbed-tls is not installed and gives an error suggesting i need to insall mbed-tls anyway)

It runs out of /usr/local/dillo-3.1/bin fine (dpid etc) using the ~/.dillo/dillorc from dillo-3.0.5 just fine (only warning is with
prefs: {w3c_plus_heuristics} is not a recognized token.

And dillo-3.1-dev found a typo in my bookmarks (yes i edit it manually)
es17: jfk_s17 -> :s17: jfk_s17

My only code change so far was in src/IO/tls.c (yup - i know but i don't do any banking with dillo any)
- choice = a_Dialog_choice(title, dialog_warning_msg, "Continue",
- "Cancel", NULL);
- if (choice == 1) {
- ret = 0;
- }
+ ret = 0;

My first dillo was a mandrake (dillo-0.7.0 rpm) that i happened to use as a test example for playing with the srpm spec file (it was the smallest srpm i found) and it was the first rpm i replaced with source using the srpm spec and loved it (it had to be gtk1 and it didn't have any ssl at all)

My first real dillo source compile was dillo-0.8.0 and it was also gtk1 and also had no ssl

I wasn't all that happy with having to learn about fltk after the switch from gtk but it worked out - but would you have done it again looking back?

So thank you for the wonderful work and i'll try to find some bugs !!! and I'm glad to see the mbed-tls works real fast

past...@gmx.com

Oct 5, 2018, 3:20:43 PM10/5/18
to dill...@dillo.org
Nice to hear from someone - I thought the list was dead!

Are you with Zoho ? Is your interest personal or business?

I have done a number of these systems the most recent based on debian 64 bit for x86_64 and aarch64 for rasp pi 3b.

And yes i have extensive total documentation for what i've done.