[Dillo-dev] Clinking on URL links not opening correctly

Gerard E. Seibert

Dec 18, 2019, 11:34:38 AM12/18/19
to dill...@dillo.org
Operating System: FreeBSD 11.3
KDE Plasma Version: 5.17.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.64.0
Qt Version: 5.13.2
Kernel Version: 11.3-RELEASE-p5
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 4 × ACPI CPU
Memory: 31.7 GiB of RAM

Dillo version 3.0.5

I am using Dillo with "claws-mail". Unfortunately, it is not working
the way it should, or at least the way I think it should.

If I click on the "Read More" link shown in the image at this URL, a
message pops up as shown: https://www.seibercom.net/logs/Screen-2.png

However, if I simply click on a link formatted as the one above is,
everything is fine.

I would be happy to supply any other info you might need to diagnose
this problem. The "claws-mail" people told me that this was your
problem and they would not help me. :(

--
Gerard

James C

Dec 19, 2019, 2:34:30 PM12/19/19
to dill...@dillo.org
Hello Gerard,

I have no specific information about either dillo or claws-mail, but I
think that I recognise the error.

The rest of the dialog, which we cannot see until you stretch it, will
be reporting a domain name for which dillo does not have a root
certificate. I presume that you had to add other root certificates in
order to make it generally usable, and have another browser or similar
to lift them from.

I am guessing that it's the domain name of a phishing detection
service and that, when you click on links inside claws-mail, you are
exercising its anti-phishing feature. With casual reading, I have no
managed to find implementation detail for that feature.

Regards,
James.

> You get this email because your address james.from...@gmail.com is

> in the
> mailing list dillo-dev. If you do not want to get emails from this
> mailing list, click on this link to unsubscribe:

> http://lists.dillo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/options/dillo-dev/james.from.wellington%40gmail.com?password=ifmarufo&unsub=1&unsubconfirm=1

Gerard E. Seibert

Dec 20, 2019, 5:38:40 AM12/20/19
to dill...@dillo.org
On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 08:18:15 +1300, James C stated:

>I have no specific information about either dillo or claws-mail, but I
>think that I recognise the error.
>
>The rest of the dialog, which we cannot see until you stretch it, will
>be reporting a domain name for which dillo does not have a root
>certificate. I presume that you had to add other root certificates in
>order to make it generally usable, and have another browser or similar
>to lift them from.
>
>I am guessing that it's the domain name of a phishing detection
>service and that, when you click on links inside claws-mail, you are
>exercising its anti-phishing feature. With casual reading, I have no
>managed to find implementation detail for that feature.

Unfortunately, that does not make any sense. Both the link, as shown in
the image, and the actual URL are identical. Dillo is working correctly
with "Absolute Links"; however, it is chocking on "<a> Links" such as

Unfortunately, the 'Bug Tracker" is not working, so I have no place to

Gerard

past...@gmx.com

Dec 20, 2019, 10:08:42 AM12/20/19
to dill...@dillo.org

get the 'latest' dillo-3.1 - it cleared up a lot of https related things for me in dillo 3.0.5 - let us know if this helps your problem

hg clone https://hg.dillo.org/dillo dillo-3.1

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 05:27:45 -0500

"Gerard E. Seibert" <gerard....@gmail.com> wrote:

> You get this email because your address past...@gmx.com is in the

> mailing list dillo-dev. If you do not want to get emails from this
> mailing list, click on this link to unsubscribe:

> http://lists.dillo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/options/dillo-dev/pastebin%40gmx.com?password=00toby00&unsub=1&unsubconfirm=1

Gerard E. Seibert

Dec 20, 2019, 11:09:13 AM12/20/19
to dill...@dillo.org
On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 08:01:56 -0700, past...@gmx.com stated:

>get the 'latest' dillo-3.1 - it cleared up a lot of https related
>things for me in dillo 3.0.5 - let us know if this helps your problem
>
> hg clone https://hg.dillo.org/dillo dillo-3.1

According to the info on
https://hg.dillo.org/dillo/raw-file/default/ChangeLog, dillo-3.1 [not
released yet].

I will probably wait until they release it officially.

--
Gerard

Jorge Arellano Cid

Dec 20, 2019, 11:45:40 AM12/20/19
to dill...@dillo.org
On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 10:50:37AM -0500, Gerard E. Seibert wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 08:01:56 -0700, past...@gmx.com stated:
> >get the 'latest' dillo-3.1 - it cleared up a lot of https related
> >things for me in dillo 3.0.5 - let us know if this helps your problem
> >
> > hg clone https://hg.dillo.org/dillo dillo-3.1
>
> According to the info on
> https://hg.dillo.org/dillo/raw-file/default/ChangeLog, dillo-3.1 [not
> released yet].
>
> I will probably wait until they release it officially.

IMHO, you should get it. It's being stable for years.

--
Cheers
Jorge.-

past...@gmx.com

Dec 20, 2019, 1:05:19 PM12/20/19
to dill...@dillo.org

Hi Jorge

Any thoughts on the 'dns over tls or https' thread or dns over tls/https in general?

---

Some other things fixed with dillo-3.1 that benefited from your bringing the https into the browser are :

On linux - with dillo-3.0.5 after a few hours i ended up with

a LOT of https.filter.dpi running shown when i run ps -efw
11:20 pts/2 00:00:00 /usr/local/lib/dillo/dpi/https/https.filter.dpi <- a new separate one was opened for each https page gotten - even is i loaded the exact same page

i had to run a pkill -f https.filter.dpi in a cronjob to clear them out periodically sometimes it freed 20MB of memory (not a significant amount of memory of course)

and also

using dillo-3.0.5 with https://slashdot.org as an example left the 'stop' button lit red because dillo-3.0.5 kept trying to get the pics on the site which it couldn't (related to the original posters problem) shown as ESTABLISHED for a very long time with netstat -an and also needing the above pkill in the cronjob to clear up.

Thanks

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 13:06:17 -0300
Jorge Arellano Cid <jc...@dillo.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 10:50:37AM -0500, Gerard E. Seibert wrote:
> > On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 08:01:56 -0700, past...@gmx.com stated:
> > >get the 'latest' dillo-3.1 - it cleared up a lot of https related
> > >things for me in dillo 3.0.5 - let us know if this helps your problem
> > >
> > > hg clone https://hg.dillo.org/dillo dillo-3.1
> >
> > According to the info on
> > https://hg.dillo.org/dillo/raw-file/default/ChangeLog, dillo-3.1 [not
> > released yet].
> >
> > I will probably wait until they release it officially.
>
> IMHO, you should get it. It's being stable for years.
>

> --
> Cheers
> Jorge.-

> You get this email because your address past...@gmx.com is in the

> mailing list dillo-dev. If you do not want to get emails from this
> mailing list, click on this link to unsubscribe:

> http://lists.dillo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/options/dillo-dev/pastebin%40gmx.com?password=00toby00&unsub=1&unsubconfirm=1

past...@gmx.com

Dec 23, 2019, 12:05:10 PM12/23/19
to dill...@dillo.org

pretty rude dude not to respond to someone interested in YOUR project

---

Hi Jorge

Any thoughts on the 'dns over tls or https' thread or dns over tls/https in general?

---

Some other things fixed with dillo-3.1 that benefited from your bringing the https into the browser are :

On linux - with dillo-3.0.5 after a few hours i ended up with

a LOT of https.filter.dpi running shown when i run ps -efw
11:20 pts/2 00:00:00 /usr/local/lib/dillo/dpi/https/https.filter.dpi <- a new separate one was opened for each https page gotten - even is i loaded the exact same page

i had to run a pkill -f https.filter.dpi in a cronjob to clear them out periodically sometimes it freed 20MB of memory (not a significant amount of memory of course)

and also

using dillo-3.0.5 with https://slashdot.org as an example left the 'stop' button lit red because dillo-3.0.5 kept trying to get the pics on the site which it couldn't (related to the original posters problem) shown as ESTABLISHED for a very long time with netstat -an and also needing the above pkill in the cronjob to clear up.

Thanks

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 13:06:17 -0300
Jorge Arellano Cid <jc...@dillo.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 10:50:37AM -0500, Gerard E. Seibert wrote:
> > On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 08:01:56 -0700, past...@gmx.com stated:
> > >get the 'latest' dillo-3.1 - it cleared up a lot of https related
> > >things for me in dillo 3.0.5 - let us know if this helps your problem
> > >
> > > hg clone https://hg.dillo.org/dillo dillo-3.1
> >
> > According to the info on
> > https://hg.dillo.org/dillo/raw-file/default/ChangeLog, dillo-3.1 [not
> > released yet].
> >
> > I will probably wait until they release it officially.
>
> IMHO, you should get it. It's being stable for years.
>

> --
> Cheers
> Jorge.-

> You get this email because your address past...@gmx.com is in the

> mailing list dillo-dev. If you do not want to get emails from this
> mailing list, click on this link to unsubscribe:

> http://lists.dillo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/options/dillo-dev/pastebin%40gmx.com?password=00toby00&unsub=1&unsubconfirm=1

You get this email because your address past...@gmx.com is in the

mailing list dillo-dev. If you do not want to get emails from this
mailing list, click on this link to unsubscribe:

http://lists.dillo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/options/dillo-dev/pastebin%40gmx.com?password=00toby00&unsub=1&unsubconfirm=1

Gerard E. Seibert

Dec 23, 2019, 1:35:13 PM12/23/19
to dill...@dillo.org
On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 13:06:17 -0300, Jorge Arellano Cid stated:

>IMHO, you should get it. It's being stable for years.

If it has been "STABLE" for years, why has it not been released as
such? Is 'dillo' still being actively maintained? The 'bug tracker' is
comatose. Not a sign of an actively maintained and supported product.

--
Gerard

Globe Trotter

Mar 27, 2020, 2:16:56 AM3/27/20
to Dillo Mailing List
Is it possible to get a tar.gz of the dillo-3.1? Why not update it? Fedora is talking about dropping it from the next release as they feel that the project is dead. I hiope that this is not the case because I really like dillo.