[Dillo-dev] dillo-2.1.1 released

4 views
Skip to first unread message

corvid

unread,
Jul 3, 2009, 12:10:15 PM7/3/09
to dill...@dillo.org
The purpose of this release is to prevent a
maliciously-crafted image from causing an
overflow. Since this is a matter of security,
everyone is, naturally enough, encouraged to
upgrade :) Thanks go to the oCERT folks for
bringing the matter to our attention.


(Jorge will send the freshmeat announcement in
a little bit, and I will finish updating the
website in a moment...)

_______________________________________________
Dillo-dev mailing list
Dill...@dillo.org
http://lists.auriga.wearlab.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dillo-dev

Jorge Arellano Cid

unread,
Jul 3, 2009, 1:14:01 PM7/3/09
to dill...@dillo.org
On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 04:10:15PM +0000, corvid wrote:
> The purpose of this release is to prevent a
> maliciously-crafted image from causing an
> overflow. Since this is a matter of security,
> everyone is, naturally enough, encouraged to
> upgrade :) Thanks go to the oCERT folks for
> bringing the matter to our attention.
>
>
> (Jorge will send the freshmeat announcement in
> a little bit, and I will finish updating the
> website in a moment...)

Announcement made!
Now it waits in freshmeat's queue for revision and publishing.

--
Cheers
Jorge.-

Alexander Voigt

unread,
Jul 3, 2009, 4:15:19 PM7/3/09
to Dillo Mailinglist
Dear Dillo developers,

could please anyone be so kind and build an Debian/Ubuntu package for
the new Dillo 2.1.1?

Many thanks in advance,
Alexander

Jorge Arellano Cid

unread,
Jul 3, 2009, 4:41:10 PM7/3/09
to dill...@dillo.org
Alexander,

On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 10:15:19PM +0200, Alexander Voigt wrote:
> Dear Dillo developers,
>
> could please anyone be so kind and build an Debian/Ubuntu package for
> the new Dillo 2.1.1?

Our packagers are aware and working on it. Unfortunately
we're a bit behind the announcement. Packages should be ready in
a day or two (I updated the download page saying it so).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kelson Vibber

unread,
Jul 4, 2009, 6:35:53 PM7/4/09
to dill...@dillo.org
On Friday 03 July 2009, Jorge Arellano Cid wrote:
> Alexander,
>
> On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 10:15:19PM +0200, Alexander Voigt wrote:
> > Dear Dillo developers,
> >
> > could please anyone be so kind and build an Debian/Ubuntu package for
> > the new Dillo 2.1.1?
>
> Our packagers are aware and working on it. Unfortunately
> we're a bit behind the announcement. Packages should be ready in
> a day or two (I updated the download page saying it so).
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sorry for the delay -- it's a holiday weekend here.

I've posted Fedora 10 i386 and RHEL5 i386 & x86_64, both SSL and non-SSL, at
http://www.hyperborea.org/software/dillo/

--
Kelson Vibber
www.hyperborea.org and SpeedForce.org

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages