Digress.it and modeling Talmudic Study

Treden Wagoner

Dec 5, 2011, 10:56:33 AM12/5/11
to Digress.it
I am looking for resources and examples of sites using Digress.it for
learning following the model used in Talmudic study. While I am not a
scholar of the Talmud I am working with a college professor who is
intersted in the learning model it present.

He would like an online site where he can present a central text
(column one), edited commentary (column two), and running commentary
(column three). The central text might be a journal article on
informal learning in the community. The edited commentary would be
sourced from published reviews ore responsed to the central text or
from items "promoted" from the running commentary. The running
commentary is dynamic or live comments that are related to any of the
three sources. A user could comment on the central text, the edited
commentary, or a another comment in the running commentary.

Digress.it does part of this but not all. Has anyone seen anything
like this or developed something similar?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Treden Wagoner
University of Minnesota