Rethinking the Navigation System

Eddie A Tejeda

May 19, 2011, 4:47:59 PM5/19/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

The current sidebar-as-the-navigation always felt a bit out of clunky. But the way I programmed it limited how I could change it.  So I ignore it. But now that the rest of the code  is stable,  want to restart thinking about how navigation works.

I came up design idea that I think could work. I just copied and pasted elements in Photoshop, so the design doesn't fit, but I think it clearly demonstrates hows we can fit lots of information in a relatively small place. I think this mockup will scale well when there is a lot of content and since it's accessible by the standard top menu it should be an easy transition for existing users.

What do you guys think?

If you have any other ideas, please send mock ups and we'll discuss.

--
Eddie A Tejeda

Screen shot 2011-05-19 at 1.37.00 PM.png

Erin Blake

May 19, 2011, 5:41:38 PM5/19/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com
I like it!

  EB.

Cynthia Liu

May 19, 2011, 5:55:33 PM5/19/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com
I like it, for smaller projects!

I have a 1,000-page law up online with numerous subsections, so I think the floating TOC menu square isn't going to work for me.

I can always refrain from uploading the new version, right?

Cheers,
Cynthia

Read me at:
Technorati

Care2.com

K12NewsNetwork.com | K12NN Facebook

MOMocrats.com/Cynematic | MOMocrats Facebook

LA Moms Blog

writer/director/producer
WORLD ON A STRING

@cyn3matic

Tears in Rain Productions
323-839-0419 m

Eddie A Tejeda

May 19, 2011, 6:45:38 PM5/19/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com
Makes sense! I can always make it an option that you can choose from.

--
Eddie A Tejeda