Digress.it Hosting Updates; News on version 3.2

Eddie A Tejeda

Jun 10, 2011, 3:48:04 PM6/10/11
to digressit
Hello,

I am performing a minor update on the Digress.it hosting site. This is regular maintenance work and should not cause any problems but if you experience any problems contact me as soon as possible.

I am also working on version 3.2, which is going to include some exciting new features, including support for "Pages" and a collection of new Themes. More information coming later this week!

--
Eddie A Tejeda

Jack Dougherty

Jun 11, 2011, 10:26:32 AM6/11/11
to digress.it
Thanks for the update, Eddie. Looking forward to trying v3.2. -Jack

Eddie A Tejeda

Jun 30, 2011, 3:54:18 PM6/30/11
to digressit
I've been traveling the past 2 weeks so I didn't have time to check in the latest code until now.

You can see it at: http://code.google.com/p/digressit/source/list

I've made some fairly fundamental changes, including the ability to enable Digress.it on pages and because of that some stuff is currently broken, but I hope to stabilize the code in the coming days.

I was hoping to release version 3.2 in early June, but it's seems more likely to be next month. WordPress 3.2 is also due out soon, so I will try and coordinate the releases.

--
Eddie A Tejeda

Eddie A Tejeda

Jul 11, 2011, 10:29:18 PM7/11/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com
More exciting changes are now saved onto Google Code!  Some things are completely broken so I would not put this code somewhere public.... but if you are feeling adventurous and have a private WP installation, you can start getting a sense of what's coming.

For example: Enabling and disabling Digress.it on Pages and Posts is in supported. I also created a new "Post Type" called "Digress.it" if you want to separate you content even more.

There are also performance improvements. Pages should load MUCH faster (less calls to the database) and scrolling is much smoother. I also do some nice resizing of the commentbox to take as much of the screen as possible.

This upcoming version is going to have 10 themes! Four are starting to come together and the others will come soon after.  Design help would be appreciated if anyone knows a good designer. Here are the current design names:

digressit-book
digressit-cards
digressit-classroom
digressit-default
digressit-journal
digressit-library
digressit-original
digressit-paper
digressit-report
digressit-wireframe

I also want to have Digress.it support for various languages. Anyone able to help translate to Spanish, French, German and Portuguese?

--
Eddie A Tejeda

Cynthia Liu

Jul 11, 2011, 11:13:31 PM7/11/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com
Oooh, Eddie, is this one for me?

Commentbox optimization

This is a "duh, not-a-developer" question, but is there a place where I can see a sample of these live?

Cynthia

--
Eddie A Tejeda

Read me at:

Use the QR or click to sign up for
sneak peeks at our No Child Left Behind
citizen lobby effort, coming soon!
Newsletter updates on ESEA/NCLB
education law.

K12NewsNetwork.com | K12NN Facebook

MOMocrats.com/Cynematic | MOMocrats Facebook

Technorati

Care2.com

@K12NN

323-839-0419 m

Eddie A Tejeda

Jul 12, 2011, 2:31:27 PM7/12/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com
Hey Cynthia,

I will setup  a testing site at some point this week. I was hoping to be done by early July, but now I think it's more realistic for it to be in early August. I will launch the new version on the Hosting service before it's released widely to the public.. so you'll have another opportunity to test it there as well.

--
Eddie A Tejeda

Cynthia Liu

Jul 12, 2011, 2:45:12 PM7/12/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com
Great! Thank you for all your hard work on it!

Cynthia