Ampersands not displaying

Erin

May 16, 2011, 8:55:47 PM5/16/11
to digress.it
The ampersand character no longer displays in my documents. Any ideas
how to get it back? They show up in the WYSIWYG editor as the
ampersand character, and in the html editor as the html character code
[ampersand]amp[semicolon] but aren't visible in the document view.

See for example http://dcrmg.digress.it/2011/01/23/4-publication-distribution-creation-etc-area-2/#40
where there should be an ampersand after the word "Holborn".

It's possible they've been missing for a couple of months... I've only
just returned to close scrutiny of this material.

Thanks,

Erin.

David Michelson

May 16, 2011, 10:58:28 PM5/16/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com
I think this has to do with the ampersand being the marker for non-breaking space. I have had the same issue.

Eddie A Tejeda

May 18, 2011, 10:20:00 PM5/18/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com
I added this issue to the bugtracker. I will be sure to fix this in the upcoming version.

To keep track on the progress check out (and star): http://code.google.com/p/digressit/issues/detail?id=129

Since you're using a hosted site, Digress.it will be upgraded automatically.

--
Eddie A Tejeda

Erin Bell

Sep 22, 2011, 11:39:02 AM9/22/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com
Please note that additional characters are being stripped out as well, including apostrophes, ampersands, and quotation marks. HTML entity name/number replacements for these characters are also stripped.

(also posted to issue tracker)