Significant Code Error WRT to Password-Protected Posts

martha

Nov 9, 2011, 10:36:47 AM11/9/11
to Digress.it
Hi,

I've been working on a project involving digress.it, and the last step
was using password-protection on a post level. I tested this feature
out and got some very strange results. Basically, when I add a
password to a post, and then visit the post and enter the correct
password, I get redirected here: http://digwp.com/wp-login.php.

I checked the single.php template and, sure enough, the password form
has the following code:

<form method="post" action="http://digwp.com/wp-pass.php">

I went ahead and tested this on a site at digress.it, and had the same
result.

It looks like that some point the code was corrupted with a call to a
script on the digwp.com site.

The fix, for me, was simply to change the code to <form method="post"
action="/wp-includes/wp-pass.php">

I'm surprised that I can't find any other reports of this bug, but I
think it's significant enough to mention here. Is there a bug
reporting system that I should put this in?

Thanks,
Martha Burtis

Eddie A Tejeda

Nov 9, 2011, 11:23:45 AM11/9/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for this report. This was something that has been fixed in the development code base for some time, but it never made it to the public repository. I made an emergency release v 3.1.2.

It seems that when I added support for password protection, I copied some sample code and didn't change the URL. I was concerned it might have been a security issue, but it appears the error was in the initial code. Here is the diff.

http://code.google.com/p/digressit/source/diff?path=/trunk/themes/digressit-wireframe/single.php&format=side&r=230&old_path=/trunk/themes/digressit-wireframe/single.php&old=226

--
Eddie A Tejeda