Nested TOC

Joss Winn

May 19, 2011, 1:12:13 AM5/19/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com
Eddie,

In terms of new features for the next version, have we addressed the
request for nested TOC? There was a discussion about it recently but I
don't think it was really answered fully (or not in a way I fully
understood).

Is it possible to build a TOC that has nested child/grandchild sections
on the front page and in the sidebar? If not, that seems like a
desirable feature to add.

Cheers
Joss

michal.szota

May 19, 2011, 6:01:09 AM5/19/11
to digress.it
And until that, the website documentation on nested TOCs should
reflect the current state of affairs. Right now, digress.it website
makes you believe that it can be done already.

Eddie A Tejeda

May 19, 2011, 4:18:25 PM5/19/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com, michal...@gmail.com
It's supported, it's just that the documentation is not very clear.

Check out: http://sandbox.digress.it/

I also attached an image that shows how you can use organize your table of contents using the standard WordPress Menu option.

--
Eddie A Tejeda

toc.png

Joss Winn

May 20, 2011, 1:21:27 AM5/20/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eddie,

http://sandbox.digress.it/ redirects to http://digress.it/moderation/

How about using this for the HELP page:

=========

A nested Table of Contents features submenus under each main heading.
Though by default Digress.it does not create a nested Table of Contents,
should you require this way of organizing your sections, you can use the
WordPress menu editor in the Appearance panel. Using the menu editor,
you can build a nested Table of Contents by arranging the document
sections appropriately.

If you cannot see the WordPress posts to choose from, click on Screen
Options at the top right of the screen and ensure that 'Posts' is
selected. Your Table of Contents should be located 'in the first page'.

For further instructions, please refer to the WordPress.org Menu
instructions.

=====

It would be good if we could ensure that the custom menu also respects
the digress.it option for 'Front page List Style' (i.e. how do get rid
of the bullet points?!?)

Cheers
Joss