Hierarchical table of contents

michal.szota

May 10, 2011, 6:16:06 AM5/10/11
to digress.it
Hi everyone;

I'm trying to set up digress.it (latest version) on wordpress (3.1.1).
The documentation on digress.it suggests that I can set up multi-
leveled tables of contents using the menu editor.

The only way to do this that occurs to me is to create a hierarchical
menu of categories links. When I do that, the categories get listed in
the TOC, but when I click on their links on my site, a page displays
with an error message as follows:

Fatal error: Class 'ListPosts' not found in /home/cecyf/public_html/
biblioteka.centrumcyfrowe.pl/wp-content/plugins/digressit/themes/
digressit-default/archive.php on line 12

What should I do to make things right? Maybe I shouldn't be adding
categories to the menu? If not, then what?

Any help would be appreciated
Michał Szota

Joss Winn

May 10, 2011, 6:32:17 AM5/10/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com

On 10/05/11 11:16, michal.szota wrote:
> Hi everyone;
>
> I'm trying to set up digress.it (latest version) on wordpress (3.1.1).
> The documentation on digress.it suggests that I can set up multi-
> leveled tables of contents using the menu editor.

I don't think this is possible. You can use the menu editor to create a
custom menu along the top, but I don't think it will work for the TOC on
the home page. Eddie should be able to say definitively.

michal.szota

May 10, 2011, 6:43:17 AM5/10/11
to digress.it
How would you interpret this part of the official help at http://digress.it?

"A nested Table of Contents features submenus under each main heading,
though by default Diress.it does not generate this feature. Should you
require this way of organizing your sections, refer to the Menu Editor
in WordPress.org. From there, you can build a structure of the kind of
nested Table of Contents you would like and then apply it under Theme
Locations at the Custom Table of Contents dropdown menu."

msz

Joss Winn

May 10, 2011, 6:51:29 AM5/10/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com, Eddie A. Tejeda
ah, sorry. I hadn't seen that. I think Eddie has been rewriting the Help
documentation since I last had a go at it.

Eddie A Tejeda

May 11, 2011, 12:29:22 AM5/11/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michal,

You just found a bug! Are you familiar with SVN?

I just checked in a fix into Google Code.
http://code.google.com/p/digressit/source/checkout

As to hierarchical menus, you can create them using menu editor only. No only by just selecting categories.

--
Eddie A Tejeda

Michal Szota

May 11, 2011, 5:12:33 AM5/11/11
to digr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks;
I'll checkout the updated code and see what happens.

Meanwhile, could you please tell me what I should do with the menu editor to get hierarchical TOCs?