Absolutely zero mAP, precision, recall while trying to train a pre-trained caffe model using KITTI cars detection dataset

Deepankar Kotnala

Nov 15, 2019, 1:12:04 AM11/15/19
to DIGITS Users
We are trying to train a pre-trained .caffemodel on the KITTI object detection dataset.

Our dataset files include: http://www.cvlibs.net/datasets/kitti/eval_object.php
1. Left color images of object data set (12 GB)
2. Training labels of object dataset(5 MB)
3. Object Development Kit(Shows 1 MB but is actually 64 KB)

This is the link of the tutorial that we have followed:

https://github.com/NVIDIA/DIGITS/tree/master/examples/object-detection#downloading-and-preparing-the-kitti-data

We are getting absolutely zero mAP, precision, recall values even after 30 or 50 epochs.

All the configurations as exactly the same as mentioned in the GitHub link above.

I have attached the graphs and log files.

Can anyone guide us in this, please?

model_graph.png
caffe_output.log
create_test_db_db.log