Cannot start DIGITS from browser

Ryan

Apr 22, 2020, 4:19:06 PM4/22/20
to DIGITS Users
Hello

I'm brand new to DIGITS

I installed it with Docker but I'm unable to start it.
When I open my web browser and type localhost:5000/ it does't load the page.
I also checked in the terminal pip3 list, and there is no digits in the list.

I can't find anything like digits-devserver on my computer either.... totally lost.

I'm using Jetson Nano with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Apr 23, 2020, 3:29:51 AM4/23/20
to DIGITS Users

2020年4月23日木曜日 5時19分06秒 UTC+9 Ryan:
You need to set the port when running docker.
So you can see web browser port by http://localhost:8888. see below

# To run the server as a daemon and expose port 5000 in the container to port 8888 on your host:

docker run --gpus all --name digits -d -p 8888: 5000
nvcr.io/nvidia/digits:<xx.xx>-<framework>

# Note: DIGITS 6.0 uses port 5000 by default.

Andrey Volodin

Apr 23, 2020, 3:37:27 AM4/23/20
to Ryan, DIGITS Users
how did you install it?
ngc container doesn't support aarch-64 for digits, does it?

Ryan

Apr 23, 2020, 10:07:25 AM4/23/20
to DIGITS Users
Hi Andrey

Thanks for the reply

I installed it with Option #1:

Are you saying the Docker container is not compatible with Jetson Nano's Ubuntu 18.04 LTS?

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 8:19 PM Ryan <gsamv...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello

I'm brand new to DIGITS

I installed it with Docker but I'm unable to start it.
When I open my web browser and type localhost:5000/ it does't load the page.
I also checked in the terminal pip3 list, and there is no digits in the list.

I can't find anything like digits-devserver on my computer either.... totally lost.

I'm using Jetson Nano with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

Apr 23, 2020, 10:11:48 AM4/23/20
to DIGITS Users
hey thanks M.

I will try.

What do I put in place of XX.XX and FRAMEWORK?

Andrey Volodin

Apr 23, 2020, 10:20:34 AM4/23/20
to DIGITS Users
Hi Ryan,
You installed it to where? To which device? Which steps did you execute to install it to the device?
[I installed it with Option #1: Install using Docker Container
NGC DIGITS is intended for server/ x86_64, not for aarch64/arm devices
[Are you saying the Docker container is not compatible with Jetson Nano's Ubuntu 18.04 LTS?]
Nano has nvidia docker that can run containers targeted to aarch64 architecture

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/digits-users/4b592dba-02df-461a-a950-123b86686f95%40googlegroups.com.

musa baltaci

Apr 23, 2020, 2:02:44 PM4/23/20
to DIGITS Users
use this comand    sudo docker run -itd --gpus all -p 5000:5000 nvidia/digits  maybe it works.  you cant find any file abot container in your file systems.   if you want to see docker file system follow this command.

sudo docker ps    it list your docker images
sudo docker exec -it zen_haibt /bin/bash     with this command you can login doccer images terminal  but  zen_haibt   this is your image name. first use this command "sudo docker ps" and learn your image name after replace 2. command. dont forget in  every restart   your computer, image name will change.
sudo docker cp /home/musa/Downloads. zen_haibt:/home/   with this command you can send file to container  /home/  from your computer home/

actually there is a way mount your image as a hdd like your other partition, but i cant learn it yet. if you find it please share with me. it is easyest way.

have a nice day.