DS9097U does not find sensors on serial, but finds on USB serial adapter

elwupe

Mar 1, 2018, 11:27:28 AM3/1/18
to DigiTemp
Hello,

I have the following problem with DS9097U. It seems to work flawlessly when connected via USB to serial adapter. However, when connected directly to a serial port, it exits after:

Searching the 1-wire LAN

It has been tested on 2 serial ports, and the ports have been tested, and I can successfully send a file through them to another machine, so I guess they are working. I need the sensors connected directly to the serial port, so I would apprieciate any help. The operating system is Debian 8.7.1.

Brian C. Lane

Mar 2, 2018, 8:10:02 PM3/2/18
to DigiTemp
It's possible something else is trying to grab the serial port and use
it. Other than that I don't know what to tell you. Usually problems like
that are with old laptops that used the wrong voltage to drive the
serial port to save the battery.

--
http://www.brianlane.com

elwupe

Mar 14, 2018, 3:28:28 AM3/14/18
to DigiTemp

On Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 10:10:02 AM UTC+9, Brian C. Lane wrote:

It's possible something else is trying to grab the serial port and use
it.

I am not sure if then trasnfering files, etc. Would be possible. But still, do you have any idea how to find out if something else is trying to grab the port?

Other than that I don't know what to tell you. Usually problems like
that are with old laptops that used the wrong voltage to drive the
serial port to save the battery.

Hmm, maybe this is it. We use PC/104 CMX34BT computer, with custom power supply, etc. I'll try to figure out if there is some possibility to measure the voltage that drives the port.

Thanks!