Multiple sensors in parallel not working, but they all work if I connect them sequentially.

hexa sfourteen

May 9, 2019, 2:55:45 PM5/9/19
to DigiTemp
Hi guys,

I have a usb adapter with temperature sensors (I can provide actual model details tomorrow when I am back at work).

Digitemp detects and reads all the sensors in parasitic mode, if I connect them sequentially, one after another.
If I make a star like wiring configuration, where I connect all sensors to the same "board" where I also connect USB adapter too, digitemp only finds one of the sensors (many, if I connect others behind that sensor it finds).

Is it possible to have all the sensors connect to the single point and then that point to the usb converter, or must I have them linked in a sequential order?
I can show you pictures of my wiring setup tomorrow. I can also swith from parasitic mode to actual mode, if that would help.

Thank you for your answers.

Dale Reagan

May 9, 2019, 5:35:44 PM5/9/19
to digi...@googlegroups.com
hmm - which temp sensor? and USB interface?

- note above posts are from ~2011 - newer gear/gizmos may behave differently...

:)
Dale

Brian C. Lane

May 10, 2019, 10:12:04 PM5/10/19
to DigiTemp
Depending on the length of the legs a star pattern may have more
problems than a single bus. I'd start with 1, add another, etc. and see
if more than 1 works.

In general though you want to keep them all on a single run, and
not have multiple branches of different lengths.

--
https://www.brianlane.com

hexa sfourteen

May 13, 2019, 9:42:19 AM5/13/19
to DigiTemp
Hi guys.

Thank you for all your answers.

I have decided to just use one long line of sequentially connected sensors and not bother with why it does not work otherwise.