DigiTemp 3.7.1 Released

Brian C. Lane

Dec 13, 2015, 12:37:21 AM12/13/15
to digi...@googlegroups.com
First release in about 8 years :) Thanks to everyone for their help and
patches, and especially Ryan for pointing out that yet again I had
missed updating the version number in digitemp.h :/ I think it's time to
add automatic version bumping.

You can find the code here:

https://github.com/bcl/digitemp and tarballs from the release page:

https://github.com/bcl/digitemp/releases

I still need to update digitemp.com, maybe I'll have that done by the
end of the year :)

--
http://www.brianlane.com

Ryan Finnie

Dec 13, 2015, 10:20:38 AM12/13/15
to digi...@googlegroups.com
On 12/12/2015 09:37 PM, Brian C. Lane wrote:
> First release in about 8 years :) Thanks to everyone for their help and
> patches, and especially Ryan for pointing out that yet again I had
> missed updating the version number in digitemp.h :/ I think it's time to
> add automatic version bumping.

Glad to help, and it's nice getting the backlog of distro patches
integrated.

(Amusing story which I've already told Brian: I maintain the Debian
packaging for DigiTemp and some other software, but had assumed the
author was MIA, and the digitemp packaging had accumulated about a dozen
minor patches over the years. I also happen to package isomd5sum[0]
which Brian had done some work on recently, and I was thinking "why does
that name sound familiar...")

As of right now, digitemp 3.7.1 is already built in Debian sid[1] and
Ubuntu xenial[2]. I assume Fedora is in progress but will leave that to
more capable hands. :)

> You can find the code here:
>
> https://github.com/bcl/digitemp and tarballs from the release page:
>
> https://github.com/bcl/digitemp/releases
>
> I still need to update digitemp.com, maybe I'll have that done by the
> end of the year :)

I was also playing with OSX Homebrew a few weeks ago and DigiTemp
builds/runs well on that. I'll wait on submitting a "formula" for it
until 3.7.1 is posted on digitemp.com, though. (If I list the github
tarball it won't work as they have an automatic rejection for github
sources which aren't "popular" enough: number of forks/stars/etc.)

On that note actually, when you do update digitemp.com, making the
github page more prominently displayed would be nice, as I didn't
realize until recently that there was a git repo.

Thanks for the help!

[0] https://github.com/rhinstaller/isomd5sum
[1] https://packages.debian.org/source/unstable/digitemp (but PDO hasn't
been updated as of the time of this writing)
[2] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/digitemp

signature.asc

Robert Terzi

Dec 27, 2015, 1:06:32 PM12/27/15
to digi...@googlegroups.com
I'm glad to see activity on digitemp after all these years. (Long time user
since 1998, still have the old DB-25 adapter someplace.)

On 12/13/2015 1:43 AM, Ryan Finnie wrote:

> As of right now, digitemp 3.7.1 is already built in Debian sid[1] and
> Ubuntu xenial[2]. I assume Fedora is in progress but will leave that to
> more capable hands. :)

A request, could someone please get the updated digitemp into the OpenWRT build system?

I haven't tried it in a while, but I seem to recall there was a build that was
somehow broken in the OpenWRT repo. It's not an easy environment to build
packages for.

Thanks and have a happy new year,
--Rob