RE: [digitalvoice] Digest for digitalvoice@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 1 topic

David Grove

May 17, 2023, 11:44:38 PM5/17/23
to digita...@googlegroups.com

It would be useful to have separate audio feeds.

For example if transmitting locally, but receiving remotely, say from a remote web SDR receiver with lower noise

Regards

David Grove – VK2DWG

On 2023-05-17 07:20, KT4WO wrote:

--
There is nothing permanent except change

-Heraclitus

Pierre Martel <pete...@gmail.com>: May 17 02:35PM -0700

The only nice use I would see is if someone can use a SBC without
integrated audio, it would be possible to use a single card and a hardware
switching system that would follow the ptt switch in the software to switch
the microphone input between the radio output (in receive mode) and the
analog mike the ham will use. The stereo output would either feed a small
speaker for the decoded/encoded audio and the other channel could send a
tone when in tx so that the switching circuit could detect when in tx and
put the ptt switching circuit in ptt mode and mute the audio signal to the
speaker so not to ear the transmitted modem signal. Kind of a vox system.
Why have a full duplex audio system when it is not needed. We either
receive and decode or tx and encode.