the cheap Simple SDR, Mirics 2500 chipset

Visto 185 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Al Beard

no leída,
4 ago 2022, 8:36:154/8/22
a digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Having succeeded adding FreeDV mode 700D into OpenWebRX,
both USB and LSB, we now need an Open Source (not SDRplay)
driver for the 2500 in OpenWebRX.

My OpenWebRX server:
www.nepeanshed.org.au:8073

uses a genuine SDRplay RSP1

On Github we have by Edouard Griffiths f4exb

libmirisdr-4

Which has all the hard work done. All that is needed
is to splice it into OpenWebRX.

Any help appreciated.

Alan VK2ZIW
Before the Big Bang, God, Sela.
OpenWebMail 2.53, nothing in the cloud.

Al Beard

no leída,
16 ago 2022, 8:41:0416/8/22
a digita...@googlegroups.com
Come on guys,

Do we have any Python programmers here?

Has anybody looked at whether in OpenWebRX the fifi_sdr works.
It provides an ALSA sound device and a LO frequency generator.
(rockprog)

First problem is, "device" is not asked for in Settings.
I might have several sound cards in my system.
Also needs to be Stereo for I and Q.

I have the fifi_sdr "seen" by Settings -> Feature Report
(An executable script rockprog)
I have a Behringer UCA202 stereo USB audio device, "seen" by
the utility used ie. "arecord".

But consistently get "Data Format Error" as, from what I see,
OpenWebRX processes data as Floats. "arecord" provides 16bit ints.

Perseus SDR is another option, not using the "connector" stuff.

Why am I not on the OpenWebRX email group, the moderator doesn't
like me!

I put positive suggestions!!

This is a complex beast but when running, is the basis of KIWIsdr
and that has become closed source. Modes such FreeDV Codec2 mode 700D are
not supported.

I'm trying to provide an easy way to decode Codec2 with a cheap SDR.
(~$15)

Alan VK2ZIW

On Thu, 4 Aug 2022 22:36:04 +1000, Al Beard wrote
> --
> receiving emails from it, send an email to
digitalvoice...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/digitalvoice/20220804122558.M64067%40unixser
vice.com.au.

Mooneer Salem

no leída,
16 ago 2022, 15:50:2316/8/22
a digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan,

I do have Python experience, but unfortunately I haven't used or looked into OpenWebRX. Hopefully you find an answer to your question.

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

Responder a todos
Responder al autor