[Announcement] FreeDV Activity Day - May 28-29, 2022

Mooneer Salem

Feb 23, 2022, 2:20:49 AM2/23/22
to digita...@googlegroups.com, freetel...@lists.sourceforge.net, ma...@ham-radio-tech-notes.groups.io
Hi all,

Due to popular demand, we'll be doing another FreeDV Activity Day on Saturday, May 28, 2022! This event will bring together people interested in HF digital voice on the air for conversation and fun. Contacts usingthe official application as well as the SM1000 handheld microphone are welcome.

Event time: 9AM Pacific time (1600Z) on May 28th to 8:59AM (1559Z) on May 29th (24 hours)
Suggested frequencies:
80 meters: 3.625, 3.643 or 3.693 MHz
40 meters: 7.177 MHz
20 meters: 14.236 MHz
17 meters: 18.118 MHz
15 meters: 21.313 MHz
12 meters: 24.933 MHz
10 meters: 28.330 or 28.720 MHz

(Note that LSB/DIGL is used below 10MHz as per current convention for voice modes, USB/DIGU otherwise.)

As this isn't a contest, there's no pressure to make contacts or send logs, but you can always confirm QSOs via the usual means if you'd like (LoTW, eQSL, QRZ, etc.) Enabling PSK Reporter in the FreeDV application and joining theQSO Finderare recommended, however, so others can see that you're on the air and hearing them (for instance, here'sthe current map of listeners). :D

Feel free to spread this far and wide among your local ham friends and groups! :) Let me know if you have any questions about the event and definitely post here if you have issues getting the application working prior to the event.

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

Mooneer Salem

May 14, 2022, 7:17:03 PM5/14/22
to digita...@googlegroups.com, freetel...@lists.sourceforge.net, ma...@ham-radio-tech-notes.groups.io
Hi all,

We are about two weeks out from Activity Day so I figured I'd remind you all that it's on the weekend after Dayton (May 28th-29th). More info below.

BTW, I will be giving a talk on FreeDV during Dayton (Saturday afternoon during Mel K0PFX's Digital Modes forum) as well as a longer one for SEA-PAC (first weekend of June). We'll also be hanging out at the TAPR booth (#5009) if you'd like to visit.

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ