Test build for PSK Reporter improvements

Mooneer Salem

Aug 24, 2021, 3:54:08 PM8/24/21
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've been working on improvements for the PSK Reporter feature in FreeDV, mainly to make it more reliable than it has been. I just uploaded a test build with these changes at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/044azug3aj6zsnt/AAAh573m0tv-MGweRa0mt-1ba?dl=0. A few notes:

1. This is incompatible with previous versions of FreeDV in that a completely different encoding scheme is now being used for the text field. In other words, if PSK Reporter is enabled (in Tools->Options), this version will be unable to decode any text sent by users running earlier versions.
2. As with earlier versions, both sides must have PSK Reporter enabled in order for FreeDV to properly decode the received text (and thus report the other person's callsign).

For reference, this build contains the following work:

Let me know if you have any questions or run into issues.

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

Mooneer Salem

Aug 27, 2021, 2:47:02 AM8/27/21
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Here's a followup build that eliminates the requirement of using Hamlib to enable PSK Reporter capability in favor of a "Report Frequency" field on the lower right of the main window: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/snzs5q792lfjsn2/AAB9LCfa7MhnLfiRbRdBmHOKa?dl=0. Of course, this field will auto-update on start/switching between TX and RX if you do have Hamlib enabled. This new field will also turn red if the input is invalid, which indicates that reporting will not occur. As always, let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues.

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

Mooneer Salem

Aug 27, 2021, 2:12:13 PM8/27/21