HF radio needed in Germany for HF data project

David Rowe

May 1, 2021, 5:09:49 PM5/1/21
to freetel...@lists.sourceforge.net, digita...@googlegroups.com
Hello List,

Simon, DJ2LS, is working with me on the HF data project.  While I am
working on the modems, he has been developing the protocol and user
interface side and has made fine progress.  We are working towards a
fully open source, high performance HF data system.

The attached plot (extracted from a recent test report) shows the
performance of our prototype system, compared to several others, on a
pretty tough channel.

Simon needs a low cost HF Radio with rig interface so that he has two
radios back-back in order to test and develop the protocol. Can anyone
help provide Simon with a low cost, donated, or loaner HF radio and rig
interface? He lives in Baden-Baden, near Karlsruhe.

His second problem is he lives in a flat so needs a stealth antenna.
However for back-back protocol testing two radios on the bench is fine
as a first step.

Thanks,
David

Screenshot from 2021-04-30 05-54-19.png

dc...@mailbox.org

May 2, 2021, 1:02:03 AM5/2/21
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hello List,

I can lend my FT-818ND with SCU-17.

73 Attila DC0ED

> David Rowe <da...@rowetel.com> hat am 01.05.2021 23:09 geschrieben:

David Rowe

May 2, 2021, 2:05:34 AM5/2/21
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Attila that's great :-)

Can you pls email me directly (off list)? I'll connect you with Simon.

Cheers,
David

lu5...@gmail.com

May 10, 2021, 10:12:15 AM5/10/21
to digitalvoice
Hi DAVE, great joy to hear from you .. could you tell DJ2LS and DC0ED that I am doing tests on the SDR of NORTHWEST IRELAND in 40 meters, frequency 7187 kc, with a good copy of my station from 00.00 UTC .. ?? could this help. ??
a warm 73 and thank you very much

jose LU5DKI