FreeDV at Dayton Hamvention

Mooneer Salem

May 9, 2024, 12:19:55 PMMay 9
to digita...@googlegroups.com, freetel...@lists.sourceforge.net, ham-radio-...@groups.io
Hi all,

The FreeDV project will again be at Dayton Hamvention this year from May 17th-19th. We'll be showing some exciting developments over at booth #1909 along with the M17 project (https://m17project.org).

Also, ezDV is set to finally start going on sale during Dayton! TAPR will have a stock of units at their booth in Building 5 and will also become available at the TAPR Store (https://tapr.org/shop/) by then as well. I'll send a followup email with pricing and additional details once it shows up there. (More information about ezDV can be found at https://freedv.org/ezdv/.)

In addition, I'll be giving two talks this year:

* TAPR Forum (Friday 5/17 starting at 9:15am in Room 1): "Using ezDV to Get On The Air With HF Digital Voice". In this short presentation, I'll be talking about how to use your new ezDV device.
* Digital Modes Forum (Saturday 5/18 starting at 9:15am in Room 4): "Getting Started with FreeDV Digital Voice", where I'll be talking about FreeDV and how to use it to get on the air.

Note that both talks are set to be livestreamed this year for those who can't make it to Dayton (though I don't have exact details yet). Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

Jose Donnari

May 10, 2024, 6:06:47 PMMay 10
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hello MOONEER, congratulations on the ezDV project, quite an achievement,,,, go ahead,,,,
We continue talking to AUSTRALIA every day, on 40 meters,( 10.00 UTC , 7.193 KC ) SO EARLY FOR YOU...  and also on our local frequency, 7,045 kc from 19:00 UTC, we see you many times on the FDV REPORTER but only in reception and the 20 meter band.
Locally, LU1 ACO and LU8DNO are also very active in FREE DATA, I still couldn't join because I don't have adequate modern equipment.
In parallel, you have enough experience with ROS 7 voice-guided, it allows contacts up to 14 dB under noise at maximum speed, close to a relaxed conversation.
I wish you the greatest success in your presentation at DAYTON,+we will follow it on the internet
a brotherly hug
  JOSE LU5DKI