32 bit version for Raspberry Pi4 with Bullseye?

Rich Gordon

Aug 21, 2022, 1:16:53 AMAug 21
to digitalvoice
Hi,

I've moved all of my Rig digital mode software over to a Raspberry Pi 4 running 32 bit Bullseye.  I freely admit that I'm not as up to speed with Linux as I'd like to be, but so far everything else is working (I won't be too offended is someone calls me a noob on this).

I was trying to get FreeDV installed on the Pi (used to have it on my Windows machine), but apparently the .deb builds are for 64 bit.  Is there a precompiled 32 bit version available, or can I recompile it for 32 bit?

Thanks for any help given!

Rich
W6BOT

Mooneer Salem

Aug 21, 2022, 2:35:59 AMAug 21
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rich,

As Raspberry Pi OS is based on Debian and Ubuntu, you should be able to install the prerequisite packages per the README and then run build_linux.sh to build a 32 bit version with no trouble. If you run into any issues, feel free to let us know and we can provide further suggestions.

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

Rich Gordon

Aug 21, 2022, 10:35:53 AMAug 21
to digitalvoice
Thanks Mooneer!

I did as you indicated and 1.8.3.1 seems to be running.  I haven't had a QSO yet, but I believe I'm getting the audio in and out, and PTT is working fine.

I'll give it a go a little later today....

Rich
W6BOT

wal...@k5wh.net

Aug 21, 2022, 1:10:55 PMAug 21
to digita...@googlegroups.com

Great news there Rich.

We look forward to getting a path out your way soon.

Walter/K5WH