K7VE SK, need a little data for the obit

Bruce Perens

May 16, 2024, 10:46:06 PMMay 16
to digita...@googlegroups.com
It took me a month to find out that John Hays K7VE became a silent key suddenly on April 16th. It was always a pleasure to say hi to John at almost every radio conference I went to.

I'll be saying a few words about him at the digital voice forum on Saturday. My least favorite duty and I've already given enough obituaries.

I know that he recently ran the Grant committee at ardc, he founded Northwest digital with Brian Hoyer and designed a digital radio that came close to  forming a product, and NW digital still sells several products. He worked on the free DV qso finder, was active in d-star and designed a modification for the dr-1 repeater. And started a number of clubs.

And we're all devastated and we're going to miss him. What else should I say?

Thanks

Bruce

Steve Stroh

May 16, 2024, 10:53:17 PMMay 16