Re: [digitalvoice] Digest for digitalvoice@googlegroups.com - 14 updates in 3 topics

John Antonuk - AL7ID

Sep 13, 2023, 12:10:59 AMSep 13
to Digest recipients
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.3393]

Inline image

73,

John Antonuk

AL...@yahoo.com

On Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 07:40:01 PM AKDT, <digita...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Mooneer Salem <moo...@gmail.com>: Sep 11 08:46PM -0700

Hi all,

What operating system (and version) do you use FreeDV with? If you use
Windows, do you use the 32 bit version of FreeDV or the 64 bit one?

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ
Dudley Hurry <jhu...@austin.rr.com>: Sep 12 12:28AM -0500

I use 64 bit Win10, 16gb memory, i5.

64 bit version of FreeDV.

73,

Dudley

WA5QPZ

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 11, 2023, at 10:46 PM, Mooneer Salem <moo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

What operating system (and version) do you use FreeDV with? If you use Windows, do you use the 32 bit version of FreeDV or the 64 bit one?

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/digitalvoice/CAAzDfxOuv%2B8A-QHTSxzkGhOe5z-vn8VKX%2BCjw2toOkUKweJ2Mg%40mail.gmail.com.
Tyson Brooks <rmksle...@gmail.com>: Sep 11 10:33PM -0700

64bit windows

dc...@mailbox.org: Sep 12 07:38AM +0200

Hi Mooneer,

64 Bit Windows 10/11 and 64 Bit FreeDV

73 Attila DC0ED

Am 12.09.2023 um 05:46 schrieb Mooneer Salem <moo...@gmail.com>:

Hi all,

What operating system (and version) do you use FreeDV with? If you use Windows, do you use the 32 bit version of FreeDV or the 64 bit one?

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/digitalvoice/CAAzDfxOuv%2B8A-QHTSxzkGhOe5z-vn8VKX%2BCjw2toOkUKweJ2Mg%40mail.gmail.com.
Richard Lamont <ric...@lamont.me.uk>: Sep 12 08:05AM +0100

Hi Mooneer,

Ubuntu MATE 22.04 LTS (64-bit).

Richard G4DYA

On 12/09/2023 04:46, Mooneer Salem wrote:
Brian Morrison <b...@fenrir.org.uk>: Sep 12 02:49PM +0100

On Mon, 11 Sep 2023 20:46:24 -0700

> Hi all,

> What operating system (and version) do you use FreeDV with? If you use
> Windows, do you use the 32 bit version of FreeDV or the 64 bit one?

Fedora Linux (38) 64 bit

--

Brian G8SEZ
Kirby <joek...@gmail.com>: Sep 12 10:00AM -0400

On Mon, 11 Sep 2023 20:46:24 -0700

> Hi all,

> What operating system (and version) do you use FreeDV with? If you use
> Windows, do you use the 32 bit version of FreeDV or the 64 bit one?

Last run on Fedora 36. After shack rebuild gets finished it will be
whatever the current Fedora is.
Bob Morris <morr...@gmail.com>: Sep 12 10:39AM -0400

Windows 10 Pro 64bit. i5. Old Dell mini desktop
64 bit FreeDV

Michael Lizzio <ml2...@gmail.com>: Sep 12 01:10PM -0500

Mooneer,

W10 Pro - x64
HP ZBook 15 G3
Mem: 16GB
Intel i7-6820 @ 2.7Ghz
Cores: 4

Mike - WA2TOP

"Russ B." <russ...@gmail.com>: Sep 12 01:32PM -0500

Windows 11, 64 bit

jtrager <jtr...@carolina.rr.com>: Sep 12 02:53PM -0400

Mooneer,Win 11 Pro x6432GBi9 8-Core @ a constant 5GhzMSI Gaming Pro Carbon MBJohnN2KBESent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
On Mon, Sep 11, 2023, 22:46 Mooneer Salem <moo...@gmail.com> wrote:Hi all,What operating system (and version) do you use FreeDV with? If you use Windows, do you use the 32 bit version of FreeDV or the 64 bit one?Thanks,-Mooneer K6AQ

Hp zbook 15g2 with win10

32 gb ram

1T SSD

500GB SSD

NVIDIA graphic

I7 quadcore clocked around 3.4ghz

Internal soundcard plus usb sound dongle..

Wireless (DECT) MIKRO w Ptt button (wired to usb to rs232 dongle and soundcard)

73

DG9BFC sigi

Am 12.09.2023 20:32 schrieb "Russ B." <russ...@gmail.com>:

Windows 11, 64 bit

On Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 10:46 PM Mooneer Salem <moo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

What operating system (and version) do you use FreeDV with? If you use Windows, do you use the 32 bit version of FreeDV or the 64 bit one?

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/digitalvoice/CAAzDfxOuv%2B8A-QHTSxzkGhOe5z-vn8VKX%2BCjw2toOkUKweJ2Mg%40mail.gmail.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/digitalvoice/CAAo%3DjmZxgvRY_wLqNM15etydMv-fzvQ28N9M9LHLCVPohn77rA%40mail.gmail.com.
Mooneer Salem <moo...@gmail.com>: Sep 11 08:53PM -0700

Hi Rick,

I dunno, I'd still expect there to be *some* audio with squelch off
regardless of the platform. Though speaking of OpenSuSE, were you using
FreeDV with PulseAudio/pipewire or PortAudio?

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

Mooneer Salem <moo...@gmail.com>: Sep 11 08:50PM -0700

Winlink forces a CW ID at the end of every session (which I guess is
required by law in some places?) Doing the same wouldn't necessarily tell
people FreeDV is in use, but it would let people know they're licensed
anyway.

Rick: depending on whether we finally get around to regulating by bandwidth
(and what that looks like), we might not need to go through the trouble of
a STA.

-Mooneer K6AQ