the radio frequency shifts when pressing the mic switch for transmitting

James Madden

Jun 4, 2023, 9:37:39 AM6/4/23
to digita...@googlegroups.com
I was set to 14.236. When I pressed the mic switch, the  transmitted frequency changed to 14.257. I called CQ with the mic.
any idea why?

Jim WD7W

Bob Morris

Jun 4, 2023, 2:02:29 PM6/4/23
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Jim,

You can’t use the radio’s mike for FreDV.  Use the computer’s mike.

Bob Morris

Jun 4, 2023, 2:02:29 PM6/4/23
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Use the space bar, not the mikes PTT switch.

Bob Bristow

Jun 4, 2023, 9:27:38 PM6/4/23
to digita...@googlegroups.com
is your radio in split mode?

Caught me out last month - too me an hour to discover it

73
Bob vk6pop

James Madden

Jun 4, 2023, 9:35:30 PM6/4/23
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Bob, thanks so much. After using the spacebar, my transmission event appears in the DV reporter. Now if I can just find someone in the Northwest (or so) to talk to so I don't just hear garbled speech.
Thanks for everyone's patience as this newbie tries to learn the freedv system better.
Jim
WD7W