FreeDV 1.9.9.1 released

Mooneer Salem

Apr 13, 2024, 6:18:34 PMApr 13
to digita...@googlegroups.com, freetel...@lists.sourceforge.net, ham-radio-...@groups.io
Hi all,

FreeDV 1.9.9.1 has been released to fix a Windows-only startup bug discovered by several people (thanks for letting me know, BTW). You can download it at https://github.com/drowe67/freedv-gui/releases/tag/v1.9.9.1. Again, apologies for the inconvenience and let me know if you run into any other issues.

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

Rick, W4XA

Apr 13, 2024, 8:09:33 PMApr 13
to digitalvoice
Great Job Mooneer!

My first test verified the problem but the 1.9.9.1 version fixed it!

Running Winblows10 + VB-Audio Cable and WFView to connect via WIFI to the IC-705

OTOH, I simply cannot get VB-Audio to work anymore with the MAC.

  It did work quite well before but now I cannot get the virtual audio software to connect between WFView and FreeDV.   (it works fine on WIN10.  Just not on the MAC (Monterey)

And it has nothing to do with the newest version of FreeDV.  this happened  before with the older versions of FreeDV (something to do with the latency setting changing every time I restart the MAC)

I am looking for a different way (maybe Soundflower?)  to connect (virtually) between WFView and FreeDV.

On Linux, it appears that Pipewire will do the job since Linux is doesn't really separate software to do virtual audio.

I had it working in minutes on Win10.

Cheers,

Rick