Yaesu FT-991a

Robert Pickell

Feb 25, 2022, 1:10:16 AM2/25/22
to digitalvoice
I have a FT-991a that I would like to set up freeDV on. Is there a write up or video some where that can help me with getting what I need set up and working?

Mooneer Salem

Feb 25, 2022, 3:47:05 AM2/25/22
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

I don't have a FT-991a but in general:

1. Go to Tools->Audio Config. The radio's sound card is typically chosen for "Input To Computer From Radio" (Receive tab) and "Output From Computer To Radio" (Transmit tab).
2. Next, go to Tools->PTT Config. You can check "Use Hamlib PTT" and select "Yaesu FT-991" from the "Rig Model" drop down menu. The serial device is the same as what is configured for other applications for CAT control (e.g. WSJT-X).

and optionally (but recommended):

3. Go to Tools->Options:
a) In the "Reporting" tab, check "Enable Reporting" and enter your callsign and grid square.
b) In the "Modem" tab, check "Simultaneously Decode All HF Modes".

Hopefully that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 10:10 PM Robert Pickell <pickell...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a FT-991a that I would like to set up freeDV on. Is there a write up or video some where that can help me with getting what I need set up and working?

Richard Shaw

Feb 25, 2022, 8:04:13 AM2/25/22
to digita...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 2:47 AM Mooneer Salem <moo...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 10:10 PM Robert Pickell <pickell...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a FT-991a that I would like to set up freeDV on. Is there a write up or video some where that can help me with getting what I need set up and working?

Somehow I didn't see the original email so replying to Mooneer's...

80%+ of the setup should be identical to any other digital setup with the only real difference being the 2nd sound card.

Are you already setup for digital or starting from scratch?

Thanks,
Richard
KF5OIM