FreeDV has joined the Software Freedom Conservancy

Mooneer Salem

Nov 8, 2022, 7:03:36 PM11/8/22
to digita...@googlegroups.com, freetel...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi all,

We're excited to report that the FreeDV project has joined the Software Freedom Conservancy! Software Freedom Conservancy (SFC) is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to advocating for free and open source software (FOSS), including defending the right to repair, improve and reinstall software. Through this partnership, we hope to unlock additional resources that will help accelerate development of FreeDV and increase the adoption of open source speech codecs such as Codec2.

As part of this effort, we have also formed a Project Leadership Team, consisting of the following individuals:

* David Rowe (VK5DGR)
* Mooneer Salem (K6AQ)
* Wojciech Kaczmarski (SP5WWP)
* Walter Holmes (K5WH)