Error caused by unauthorized operation of USB audio device.

JH0VEQ

Jan 22, 2024, 6:54:24 PMJan 22
to digitalvoice
Hi  Mooneer,

I have found that running FDV with the USB audio headset disabled causes an assertion error in the dialog selection.

This was simply caused by me starting FDV forgetting that I had temporarily unplugged the USB headset, so I will tell you that this would not normally be the case.
(It was the same message as the YAMAHA AG3,USBdevice I reported earlier. Fig.3)

◆Procedure.
(1) Set USB audio device by AUDIOCONFUG of FDV, and START/STOP the software.
(2) Remove the USB audio device from the PC.
(3) Start FDV, START, the message shown in Fig. 1 pops up, select OK, and stop FDV.
(4) Start FDV again, START, an assertion error occurs, and the message shown in Fig.2 appears.

It changes further when I select 3 of the dialogs in Fig 2.
 (4-1) Select OK to exit.
 (4-2) When "Retry" is selected, the program abruptly terminates.
 (4-3) If, I choose Ignore, the program abruptly terminates after displaying a series of errors. Fig. 3

Thank you.

YUICHI,JH0VEQ.
Assertion.png

Mooneer Salem

Jan 24, 2024, 4:39:44 AMJan 24
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yuichi,

I'm currently working on getting FreeDV to work better with sound devices capable of higher sample rates and more than two channels. Does the version at https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7l3hy773h0tf6jy3m8xkc/FreeDV-1.9.8-devel-2024-01-23-74092f75-windows-x86_64.zip?rlkey=mqmjwko923f82790ncylp7yel&dl=0 work better for you? (No installer, just unzip the file and run the freedv.exe that's inside.)

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

JH0VEQ

Jan 26, 2024, 2:06:41 PMJan 26
to digitalvoice
Hi, Mooneer.

Sorry for the delay in checking.
Thanks for the new test version. It is very good.
I confirmed, that there is no system crash.

Thanks.
YUICHI,JH0VEQ.

2024年1月24日水曜日 18:39:44 UTC+9 Mooneer Salem: