Some FreeDV examples from 300Km north on 40m

Al Beard

Jul 26, 2022, 4:04:36 AM7/26/22
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Here are some samples of the FreeDV mode 700D reception here.
(Sydney, from Kempsey NSW)

This data (not from the decoded audio) was then transmitted back to him.

Our amateur DMR, P25, D-Star and Fusion repeaters (MMDVM project) also
do not decode the data at the repeater to audio.

My "freebeacon" here (modified) does decode the audio for logging purposes.
(because the decoder is Open Source)

So, a repeater on HF can work and will only repeat if the correct tigger
flag is in the data received.

0x73

Alan VK2ZIW
Before the Big Bang, God, Sela.
OpenWebMail 2.53, nothing in the cloud.

2022-07-24-13-44-46_decoded_speech.wav
2022-07-24-13-46-10_rxData.700C
2022-07-24-16-54-42_decoded_speech.wav
2022-07-24-16-54-42_rxData.700C

Eric Oyen

Jul 27, 2022, 1:23:37 PM7/27/22
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Ouch!
I have pretty good ears and they even had trouble with that audio. How can anyone even understand that?

DE n7zzt Eric
Totally Blind ham located in Phoenix Arizona.
> --
> <2022-07-24-13-44-46_decoded_speech.wav><2022-07-24-13-46-10_rxData.700C><2022-07-24-16-54-42_decoded_speech.wav><2022-07-24-16-54-42_rxData.700C>

Tony Langdon

Jul 27, 2022, 5:55:26 PM7/27/22
to digita...@googlegroups.com
100% copy for me. Sure, a bit rough in spots, but 100% copied. I
probably have the advantage of not having to handle an unfamiliar accent. ;)
--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com

lu5...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2022, 7:39:29 PM7/28/22
to digitalvoice
hello friends ... in relation to the recording of ALAN, we must take into account that it uses the highest compression mode .. it greatly improves the audio using an external equalizer, I use PEACE .. much more natural .. excellent work ALAN, CONGRATULATIONS
Voz 132.m4a

Frederick Schenk

Aug 4, 2022, 12:57:11 PM8/4/22
to digitalvoice
How do you download these files? I get two files where I get a choice to cancel or continue and in the end I get a file with a type I don't recognize...not .wav etc.