free dv reporter color codes

James Madden

May 27, 2023, 6:41:36 PM5/27/23
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi all. Earlier today I installed 1.8.10. I've just been looking at dv reporter, and I see that various entries are highlighted with a color. Mostly green, but some pink. What do those colors mean?
Thanks,
Jim WD7W

Mooneer Salem

May 27, 2023, 6:57:16 PM5/27/23
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim,

Red/pink means that the station is transmitting while green indicates that a station is receiving a FreeDV transmission. I'd definitely appreciate any additional feedback you may have to hopefully improve the usability of FreeDV Reporter.

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

James Madden

May 27, 2023, 7:18:49 PM5/27/23
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Mooneer, thank you. I had a zoom session this morning and everyone was so helpful getting my IC-7300 configured for FreeDV. Thank you everyone. I'm listening to freeDV right now on 14.236 mhz. Occasionally I'll hear garbled speech but not very often.
Walter told me this morning that an effort is underway to require less signal strength when trying to receive. I think that's what I am most looking forward to. As mentioned before, I can easily communicate using JS8, Winlink, and WSJTx. I hope the technology can be such that FreeDV will allow me to also use it, even with my HOA restrictions.
Wonderful ham radio software.
Jim WD7W