"FreeDV Reporter" Menu

JH0VEQ

Feb 9, 2024, 6:00:59 PMFeb 9
to digitalvoice
A friend asked me to share his request with you all.

If his ideal is possible in the future, I would like to see that feature added. I do not intend to make an unreasonable request.
Is it possible to retain the results of replacing the data lines in a row with the "FreeDV Repoter" in the FDV menu the next time the software is started?
For example, I want to keep the call sign and frequency swapped.

Currently, when I exit the software, the data lines of the replaced lines revert back to their original state, and I have to replace them again.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Thank you.

YUICHI,JH0VEQ.

Mooneer Salem

Feb 10, 2024, 12:53:14 AMFeb 10
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yuichi,

Can you clarify swapping the callsign and frequency? Are you able to actually move columns around in the table or are you referring to something else?

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

yuichi matsui

Feb 14, 2024, 10:58:22 PMFeb 14
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mooneer,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Sorry for the delay in replying.
It seems I have caused a misunderstanding.
The request my friend sent me is not about the glitch, but about
future improvements.
He wants to customize the display items in the FreeDV Reporter of the
FDV software and then save the changes. The next time he starts the
FDV software, he wants to keep the same display.
Please consider this as a feature in the future.
Thank you.

YUICHI,JH0VEQ.

2024年2月10日(土) 14:53 Mooneer Salem <moo...@gmail.com>:
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/digitalvoice/CAAzDfxMG8Gfxk02YWhnY9jj_6%3DoLXfQR54oEneh9CS_k%3DUTseg%40mail.gmail.com.

Mooneer Salem

Feb 15, 2024, 1:21:51 AMFeb 15
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yuichi,

Currently the position/size of the window, the current sorted column and the message field are preserved. Are there any other things that are desired to be customized?

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

yuichi matsui

Feb 15, 2024, 2:06:33 AMFeb 15
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mooneer,

yes. Is it possible to retain the location after swapping the item columns?
Currently, the retention after swapping item rows is temporary and
restarting the FDV software will return you to the original item row.
Thank you.

YUICHI,JH0VEQ.

2024年2月15日(木) 15:21 Mooneer Salem <moo...@gmail.com>:
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/digitalvoice/CAAzDfxPyPpK%3DK8siJe2fSQ8n5g%3DrVSFzhJDCC5J%3DjP%2B7iMDgGA%40mail.gmail.com.

Barry Jackson

Feb 15, 2024, 5:47:47 AMFeb 15
to digita...@googlegroups.com
On 15/02/2024 07:06, yuichi matsui wrote:
> Hi Mooneer,
>
> yes. Is it possible to retain the location after swapping the item columns?
> Currently, the retention after swapping item rows is temporary and
> restarting the FDV software will return you to the original item row.
> Thank you.
>
> YUICHI,JH0VEQ.

Hi Yuichi,
I am also having difficulty understanding this request.

At present there is no way for a user to move the relative position of
reporter columns.

Could you attach screen shots of the state before closing that you wish
to retain and the state after re-starting to help us understand?

Thanks,
Barry

yuichi matsui

Feb 15, 2024, 6:38:59 AMFeb 15
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi Barry,

I am attaching a snapshot of the state of the system before the exit
you wish to retain and after the reboot.

Thank you.

YUICHI,JH0VEQ.

2024年2月15日(木) 19:47 Barry Jackson <meadow...@gmail.com>:
> --
image.png

ma...@flyfast.net

Feb 15, 2024, 7:44:15 AMFeb 15
to digita...@googlegroups.com

I’d vote for column order retention too. I hadn’t tried moving them. FWIW, roughly half the columns are of no/little interest to me, so moving/removing them is a nice to have.

Matt

AL0R

Mooneer Salem

Feb 15, 2024, 12:54:16 PMFeb 15
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

It looks like the column reordering noted in previous emails only seems to be allowed on Windows. I'm not sure it's a good idea to have features that only work on Windows and not other platforms, but I'm not fully sure it can (or should) be disabled altogether, either. Thoughts on that?

Also, a few questions for those who have mentioned that they'd like the ability to move/hide columns:

1. What level of implementation assistance are you able to provide (if any)?
2. What level of support assistance are you able to provide after the feature has been implemented?

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

yuichi matsui

Feb 15, 2024, 6:30:14 PMFeb 15
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mooneer,

Thank you for report. I understood that this is a windows only
feature. I will pass this on to my friend.(However, he may wish to
rearrange it).
I have made the request, but now that I understand the facts, it is my
opinion that nothing should be done.
The friend who asked me to pass this on to him also said he would
request it if it could be saved after the ITEM move.
So I don't see the need to pursue this feature any further.
Thanks.

YUICHI /JH0VEQ.