Some list members from here keep getting sent into gmail's spam folder

Eric Oyen

Dec 4, 2021, 4:56:34 AM12/4/21
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
Is there any way the list owners can get hold of googles mail service and notify them of this problem? I keep having to manually mark several members here as not spam. I don’t know why this is only affecting 6 members of this list explicitly. FYI, this situation has been going on for a little more than 3 months.

Now, since I am totally blind and a ham radio operator, I am interested in new technologies that allow me to communicate in other than just analog mode. Unfortunately, that blindness has led to some complications when it comes to contacting service providers like google. Some features on their interface are not accessible regardless of the OS platform and browser combo with whatever screen reader I choose to use.

So, is there a way for the email list admins to contact through their administrative interface and notify google of the issue? It would certainly make life easier for both the mail admins and the users that keep getting dumped into gmail’s spam folder without knowing it.

thanks.

Eric Oyen
N7zzt.

David McAnally

Dec 4, 2021, 9:27:57 AM12/4/21
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Create a Google mail filter. Set it to "Matches: groups.io" and "Do this: Never send to Spam".

David M.
WD5M

Mike Bell

Dec 4, 2021, 2:52:55 PM12/4/21
to digita...@googlegroups.com
David,
Good trick that I didn't think of.  How ever using "Matches: groups.io" will not work for this list as it's not hosted on groups.io.

"Matches: digita...@googlegroups.com" is likely more apropos.

Mike

David McAnally

Dec 4, 2021, 3:15:41 PM12/4/21
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Yep, I mistakenly copied my groups.io filter. Same method for googlegroups.com

David M.
WD5M

Eric Oyen

Dec 5, 2021, 12:34:22 AM12/5/21
to digita...@googlegroups.com
That “never send to spam” doesn’t. Appear in the text only web interface for gmail. It’s almost like they are trying to force me to use the more confusing (and often less accessible) full version site.

Hell, comparatively speaking, looking through the source code for Digital Voice seems so simple. :)

DE n7zzt Eric

David McAnally

Dec 5, 2021, 2:59:29 AM12/5/21
to digita...@googlegroups.com
I cannot seem to find a way to force text only or emulate a screen reader. I'll describe the steps and clicks and maybe you can find the path that way.

While I'm reading a message from this group mail list, I click on the "more" menu selection above the message toward the top of the page. My screen displays three vertical dots for that "More" menu selection, but says "More" when I hover the mouse over it.

In the "More" drop down menu list I select "Filter Messages Like these".

That selection displays a pop up window that displays some search criteria. It includes "Has Words Like" with the value already filled in with "list:(<digitalvoice.googlegroups.com>)".

Click "Create filter" toward the bottom of that window.

The pop up window will change to a list of options that includes "Never send it to spam".  Select that option so it is checked.

Click on "Create filter".

The filter should be created now.

David McAnally
WD5M