(Weekly?) North/South American FreeDV net

Mooneer Salem

May 29, 2024, 11:46:09 AMMay 29
to digita...@googlegroups.com, ham-radio-...@groups.io, freetel...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi all,

As an experiment, I want to do a (mainly North/South American) FreeDV operating event over Zoom. Basically:

1. Chat for a bit in a separate breakout room about FreeDV (the Zoom room we're using is used for other stuff as well, so this keeps us out of the way of everyone).
2. Try to reach each other on the air/make QSOs.
3. Troubleshoot as needed.

Let's try for tomorrow evening (May 30th) at 6pm Pacific (9pm Eastern) in Walter Holmes K5WH's Zoom channel: http://www.k5wh.net/zoom. Note that you don't need to install Zoom but the experience is definitely better if you do.

Anyway, if this turns out to be popular, we can potentially make this weekly and if needed, find a better time that works for everyone (especially since this is last minute).

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

Mooneer Salem

May 31, 2024, 3:35:44 AMMay 31
to digita...@googlegroups.com, ham-radio-...@groups.io, freetel...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi all,

It was good chatting with the people who were able to make it tonight on such short notice. Some questions about both ezDV and the FreeDV application got answered and in addition, a few of us ended up having QSOs with Jose LU5DKI who was booming into a lot of the US during the Zoom call. (I was able to hear him but unfortunately I don't think he was able to hear me.)

Anyway, I think there's value in making this a weekly thing. Does every Thursday at 9pm Eastern work well or is there an alternate day/time that works better?

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

Mark Walker

Jun 1, 2024, 10:33:23 AMJun 1
to digitalvoice
I likely will be able to make most Thursdays, so Thursday evenings are a good fit for me.

Thanks,
Mark
AC3EW

Mooneer Salem

Jun 6, 2024, 12:54:19 PMJun 6
to ma...@ham-radio-tech-notes.groups.io, digita...@googlegroups.com, ham-radio-...@groups.io, freetel...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi all,

Going to try to join the Zoom call tonight at 6pm (+/- a bit depending if I can get home from work in time), so hope to see you there!

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

On Fri, May 31, 2024 at 12:35 AM Mooneer Salem via groups.io <mooneer=gmai...@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

It was good chatting with the people who were able to make it tonight on such short notice. Some questions about both ezDV and the FreeDV application got answered and in addition, a few of us ended up having QSOs with Jose LU5DKI who was booming into a lot of the US during the Zoom call. (I was able to hear him but unfortunately I don't think he was able to hear me.)

Anyway, I think there's value in making this a weekly thing. Does every Thursday at 9pm Eastern work well or is there an alternate day/time that works better?

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

On Wed, May 29, 2024 at 8:45 AM Mooneer Salem <moo...@gmail.com> wrote:
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#2735) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Group Email Addresses
Post: Ham-Radio-...@groups.io
Subscribe: Ham-Radio-Tech-...@groups.io
Group Owner: Ham-Radio-Tec...@groups.io
Help: Ham-Radio-Te...@groups.io
_._,_._,_

Jose Donnari

Jun 6, 2024, 8:45:35 PMJun 6
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hello MOONEER, thank you very much for all the information, we will spread it in our friendly radio clubs, here the import of electronic equipment is very restricted, and you pay very high taxes, more than 250%... it is a problem to buy inputs now

Today we were with LU8DNO, Gerardo from BUENOS AIRES, on qso through an SDR from VERMONT, a perfect copy between us on 14236 kc, we saw several stations that were on the frequency, but no one was present, what a shame, because there were good conditions , we are in skip, because only 600 km separate us, but we hear each other perfectly, even in 2020 b, across the border with CANADA, it is incredible.. Well, we hope one day we can make a group of AMERICAN CONTINENTAL FDV.. that you. It seems, if language is a problem, we can turn to WINSTON, our real-time translator... we have already started some tests with friends from GREECE.
Best regards, and thank you for keeping the flame of experimentation in amateur radio... we owe you a lot MOONEER.. THANK YOU
73 JOSEPH

Mooneer Salem